Sitting in limbo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Sitting in limbo.
So it's been two weeks and I'm still just sitting in limbo with no word on my medical board status. I know it takes a while I'm just sick of hearing the same non answer over and over. What's worst is that I have a job interview for a job I actually want and if I get it I might have to turn it down. I'm hoping the military sees the logic in keeping me around doing bitch work until I get out is a waste of my time and lets me work on my next career. I doubt they will though. They're very good at not giving a fuck. My fault though should've not signed up I guess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 07:37 AM
RE: Sitting in limbo.
(29-06-2015 07:01 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  My fault though should've not signed up I guess.

Well, yeah. Why fight for Big Oil and a few select Patrician families anyway????

At least Caesar gave away farmland.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:43 AM
(29-06-2015 07:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 07:01 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  My fault though should've not signed up I guess.

Well, yeah. Why fight for Big Oil and a few select Patrician families anyway????

Yeah I mean it got me out of my small Mississippi town which help lead me to becoming an atheist. Plus I wouldn't have met my wife(not sure if that is a plus Big Grin) But it has become so much more of a burden and has cost me my sanity and empathy in ways. Not go mention my PTSD.
29-06-2015, 07:45 AM
(29-06-2015 07:43 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 07:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Well, yeah. Why fight for Big Oil and a few select Patrician families anyway????

Yeah I mean it got me out of my small Mississippi town which help lead me to becoming an atheist. Plus I wouldn't have met my wife(not sure if that is a plus Big Grin) But it has become so much more of a burden and has cost me my sanity and empathy in ways. Not go mention my PTSD.

Mississippi?

Maaaaate, well done! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-06-2015, 07:50 AM
(29-06-2015 07:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 07:43 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Yeah I mean it got me out of my small Mississippi town which help lead me to becoming an atheist. Plus I wouldn't have met my wife(not sure if that is a plus Big Grin) But it has become so much more of a burden and has cost me my sanity and empathy in ways. Not go mention my PTSD.

Mississippi?

I'm not sure what the well done is for exactly.
29-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Why turn down the offer for the job you actually want? Is it because you have to complete your service? I'm not clear on your circumstances.

If that's the case, advise the prospective company of your timeline and they might be willing to work with it. They could decide you are worth waiting for.

Your position might present some incentives they hadn't previously considered ... like using your absent period to screen temp workers ... or even better - to utilize internship programs. Maybe you can suggest such incentives for an inconvenient start date, during your interview. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-06-2015, 08:18 AM
(29-06-2015 07:50 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 07:45 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Mississippi?

I'm not sure what the well done is for exactly.

Getting out of Mississippi. Or am I wrong about that? Blink

Banjo.
29-06-2015, 09:51 AM
(29-06-2015 08:11 AM)kim Wrote:  Why turn down the offer for the job you actually want? Is it because you have to complete your service? I'm not clear on your circumstances.

If that's the case, advise the prospective company of your timeline and they might be willing to work with it. They could decide you are worth waiting for.

Your position might present some incentives they hadn't previously considered ... like using your absent period to screen temp workers ... or even better - to utilize internship programs. Maybe you can suggest such incentives for an inconvenient start date, during your interview. Shy

This!!!!

If a company really wants you to work for them they will typically bend over backwards to accommodate your military separation. Most companies know it can be a bit messy and time consuming.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
29-06-2015, 09:53 AM
(29-06-2015 08:18 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 07:50 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I'm not sure what the well done is for exactly.

Getting out of Mississippi. Or am I wrong about that? Blink

No you're absolutely right. I HATED it. Mainly because it was so hard to find people to talk to that understood me. Especially being young in a remote city with limited shitty Internet. I felt so cut off.
29-06-2015, 09:56 AM
(29-06-2015 08:11 AM)kim Wrote:  Why turn down the offer for the job you actually want? Is it because you have to complete your service? I'm not clear on your circumstances.

Yes I'm hoping the new job will do that but currently I'm being medically separated which can be as quick as a week or dragged out for months sometimes years. So I'm more leaning towards taking it and just dealing with it. Maybe work nights or what have you.