Sitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Sitting
(26-11-2013 10:04 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well... could I have that evidence? (That was kind of the point) Tongue

What, do they not have Google in your part of the internet? Consider

Well fuck, do you have 10 minutes? Then watch this...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-11-2013, 11:13 AM
"If God created the Universe, who created God?"

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
26-11-2013, 11:24 AM
(26-11-2013 10:28 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 10:07 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Post BB evidence or Pre BB evidence ?

We'll know once BB posts his evidence... Tongue

hey nice rainbow colors, MD!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
26-11-2013, 11:35 AM
To those citing "big bang", while I agree, it's only a partial answer. The obvious next question is what caused the big bang?

It's like saying volcanoes are created by erupting magma. Well yeah, but why does the magma erupt? The heat, gases, pressure, specific make-up of the magma, etc. are all just as relevant in creating the volcanoes as the eruption itself.

Also, even if we answer "what caused the big bang", there will be the inevitable "well, what caused or created that..." next.

That's why I said "I don't know" what created the universe. I believe it's the only truly intellectually honest position.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
26-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Big Grin RE: Sitting
(26-11-2013 11:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  "If God created the Universe, who created God?"

The Universe.

silly

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 11:41 AM
(26-11-2013 11:35 AM)Impulse Wrote:  To those citing "big bang", while I agree, it's only a partial answer. The obvious next question is what caused the big bang?

It's like saying volcanoes are created by erupting magma. Well yeah, but why does the magma erupt? The heat, gases, pressure, specific make-up of the magma, etc. are all just as relevant in creating the volcanoes as the eruption itself.

Also, even if we answer "what caused the big bang", there will be the inevitable "well, what caused or created that..." next.

That's why I said "I don't know" what created the universe. I believe it's the only truly intellectually honest position.

That's 'cause you're dumb. Tongue

Many consider that time originates from the singularity, making "what came before" a meaningless query.

(Hadda go back and bold the part that rustles my jimmies. Tongue)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2013, 11:41 AM
(26-11-2013 10:48 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-11-2013 10:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  What's so bloody hard about reading wikipedia article on big bang ?

Because reading is boring, and we're people, and it's so much more fun to show off our big brains and throw insults around. Why are you so hostile this morning?

Hostile ? I'm mild as a bunny rabbit Hobo OTOH my inner bunny may be roused by such as this:

Quote:Aha! No evidence, eh? I guess atheism is disproved (wootwoot).

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-11-2013, 12:01 PM
(26-11-2013 11:35 AM)Impulse Wrote:  To those citing "big bang", while I agree, it's only a partial answer. The obvious next question is what caused the big bang?

No, the intellectually honest position is to say that space and time were created by the Big Bang and the evidence for it is immense. There doesn't have to be something before the Big Bang.
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
26-11-2013, 12:18 PM
God created the universe through the Big Bang AND EVOLUTION.
26-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I think there has to be some cycle.
I don't buy : nothing -> Big bang -> galaxies drifting apart, that's it.

I guess what I'm saying is that I liked Big crunch theory better then Big freeze theory Weeping

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's