Situational Depression

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Situational Depression
(09-09-2013 05:25 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  All types of depression can be really bad.
Worst of all when you feel totally flat and zombified.
I always used the acronym DIAPT, depression is a passing thing.
No good while its there, though.
May be an a/d for a short while?Thumbsup

Yup, it'll pass. Been here before. Ima gonna just sleep through it. Doc doubled my dose of the atypical antipsychotic Seroquel, works better for me than antidepressants. Go figure. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Hang in there Girly, we love you. Heart

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-09-2013, 06:08 PM
(09-09-2013 05:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hang in there Girly, we love you. Heart

I got this. Just taking a little longer than usual is all.

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-09-2013, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 07:24 PM by Anjele.)
We are here for you.

Go hug a beagle. Dogs are great for company when you feel the need to curl up in the fetal position...often works for me.

[Image: break_zps72ac46bd.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-09-2013, 06:19 AM
(09-09-2013 06:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got this. Just taking a little longer than usual is all.

You know, you mentioned elsewhere that you are feeling the urge to cry at odd occasions. There is your clue.

Your body knows how to deal with it, and how to make it's own powerful chemicals to beat this.

Just let her rip and it'll solve itself. You got entirely too much crap piled on in a short time.

Your body has two "reset buttons". Laughing and crying. The chemicals these release are more powerful than any your doc can give you. After a good laugh or cry (as the case may be) - think about the calm that comes over you then. No artificial drug can touch it.

The doc's chemicals are good at creating that calm. Evolution's chemicals are better, they add in that they actually release the emotions that are penned up. Artificial chemicals fall short of that, they only fix the physical and not the emotional side of things.

Sleeping too much is by the way also a way to flush it - but it's not cathartic like crying or laughing. It does allow your brain to process things though without your interference. Sometimes that is necessary.

Situational depression, a lot different from other types of depression. Trust your body to have learned some shit over thousands of years. Laugh, cry and sleep and you'll beat this.

Says she who walks through life's shock events without blinking and remains perfectly rational. It's basically a good thing, but the shit gets stored, and if too much of it gets piled up, you need to flush it out.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
10-09-2013, 11:43 AM
(10-09-2013 06:19 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-09-2013 06:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got this. Just taking a little longer than usual is all.

You know, you mentioned elsewhere that you are feeling the urge to cry at odd occasions. There is your clue.

Your body knows how to deal with it, and how to make it's own powerful chemicals to beat this.

Just let her rip and it'll solve itself. You got entirely too much crap piled on in a short time.

Your body has two "reset buttons". Laughing and crying. The chemicals these release are more powerful than any your doc can give you. After a good laugh or cry (as the case may be) - think about the calm that comes over you then. No artificial drug can touch it.

The doc's chemicals are good at creating that calm. Evolution's chemicals are better, they add in that they actually release the emotions that are penned up. Artificial chemicals fall short of that, they only fix the physical and not the emotional side of things.

Sleeping too much is by the way also a way to flush it - but it's not cathartic like crying or laughing. It does allow your brain to process things though without your interference. Sometimes that is necessary.

Situational depression, a lot different from other types of depression. Trust your body to have learned some shit over thousands of years. Laugh, cry and sleep and you'll beat this.

Says she who walks through life's shock events without blinking and remains perfectly rational. It's basically a good thing, but the shit gets stored, and if too much of it gets piled up, you need to flush it out.

In any PIAS thread, LISTEN TO DOM. SHE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT TO SAY.

Your forum family love you Girly. Hang in there. Go outside and pet some stray cats. Get away from all the dogs you have. Heart Big Grin
10-09-2013, 06:43 PM
GirlyBob, you've got a shitstorm. I guess you've been holding it all in, holding it all together for a while now.

Two or three days of nothing might be in order - selfish time, if you can get it.

I've been there - you can PM or call if you'd like. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-09-2013, 07:04 PM
Tongue RE: Situational Depression
When things got reallybad I found the old tri-cyclics such as amitryptaline helped, despite the side effectsConfused

Latter years, in my case, found Moclobemide helped, and very quickly. Unfortunately I don't think its available in the U.S.Confused

I know that in some instances even good wishes sort of come over kind of shallow, when really down , anyhow, hope it all passes soon.Thumbsup
11-09-2013, 06:00 PM
(10-09-2013 06:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  GirlyBob, you've got a shitstorm. I guess you've been holding it all in, holding it all together for a while now.

Two or three days of nothing might be in order - selfish time, if you can get it.

Yup. 30 hours of sleep over 2 days seems to have done the trick. Glad I got an understanding employer. Chop chop, back to work. Today was a good day. Actually got to debug one of my team members code instead of writing papers and proposals and shit. 'Course it took me 6 hours instead of 1 'CAUSE SOMEONE UNCHECKED THE FUCKING "BUILD AUTOMATICALLY" OPTION IN ECLIPSE AND NONE OF MY CHANGES WERE TAKING EFFECT. She looked embarrassed, I took the blame. I should've noticed that much much quicker. And all is right with the world again. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-09-2013, 12:30 AM
(11-09-2013 06:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  'Course it took me 6 hours instead of 1 'CAUSE SOMEONE UNCHECKED THE FUCKING "BUILD AUTOMATICALLY" OPTION IN ECLIPSE AND NONE OF MY CHANGES WERE TAKING EFFECT.

[Image: 9f6.gif]