Situational Depression

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: Situational Depression
Glad you're feeling better, Girly. I hadn't posted yet cus I didn't know what to say and all I can come up with most times is a stupid huggy emoticon. These other guys have more knowledge than me in situations like this so I figured I'd step aside and let them advise.

But I was thinkin' of ya and it's good to hear you beatin' down life's door again! Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
12-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Don't know about the gastritis, but the eye herpes is a dead give away. STRESS. STRESS. STRESS. It's easy to say "hang in there", but actually it may take months to come to terms with that bro of yours leaving so abruptly. There's nothing anyone can do or say. Time is the only thing that will help. I lost my mind (literally) when my gran died, and it took a long time to figure it out. It made no sense at all. It still doesn't really.
Be good to yourself while time does the healing. It could take quite some time.
That's all I can say.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Knew you'd be okay, ya resilient little bastard! Heart
16-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Girly, I'm a little late commenting, but here's a Hug and a song for you that I myself find depressing and yet oddly comforting somehow:

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-09-2013, 01:17 PM
And Dom... wow. Always such good advice! I want to be just like you when I grow up. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-09-2013, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 09:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
Thanks for all your support. While this particular fugue came at Girly from a different angle, the treatment turned out to be the same as for all ailments. Knock its ass back. Retreat to the hold and batten down the hatches. Hibernate. Wake up like a hungry fucking bear to honey and beat the shit outta anything in your way. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-09-2013, 09:03 PM
That's the Girly I know and love.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post