Six day war miracles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Six day war miracles
(04-03-2015 02:08 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 01:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God has done many miracles with the Jewish people from restoring their homeland shortly after the Holocaust to victories in five wars and many, many more.

The more you know.

Miracles? God? Are you sure that wasn't the UN?

Of course it was miraculous Robby, it only took six million of god's chosen people to die for it to happen! Could god have found a better way to do this? Naw, he's mysterious and shit.

[Image: holocaust00_1.jpg]

Praise Jeebus!!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
04-03-2015, 03:03 PM
Yes, I'm sure it wasn't the UN only. It was in the UN vote, actually, every nation voting for the State of Israel except those nations named as ancient enemies in prophecy!

And no one wanted a holocaust but the miracle in part lies in a disenfranchised people wandering for millennia getting a homeland than defeating all enemies a few years after half their people were killed. There's not one people group that possibly compare to the Jewish people in this way.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2015, 03:16 PM
(04-03-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I'm sure it wasn't the UN only. It was in the UN vote, actually, every nation voting for the State of Israel except those nations named as ancient enemies in prophecy!

Do note the current country named Syria is in no way the ancient empire of Syria. Also, I'm not sure I'd consider the other countries voting for it a "miracle" for two reasons:
  • People felt sorry for the Jews after the holocaust, and they might look bad if they didn't support Israel.
  • Who voted? The people or God? If the people voted, how was it a "miracle"?

(04-03-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And no one wanted a holocaust but the miracle in part lies in a disenfranchised people wandering for millennia getting a homeland than defeating all enemies a few years after half their people were killed. There's not one people group that possibly compare to the Jewish people in this way.

That's not so much a miracle as it is Israel being exceptionally pragmatic and vicious. I can't blame them, but there's a big difference between planting misinformation via double-agents and striking first than divine intervention.
04-03-2015, 04:04 PM
(04-03-2015 01:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  God has done many miracles with the Jewish people from restoring their homeland shortly after the Holocaust to victories in five wars and many, many more.

The more you know.
I… what… Shocking
So god didn't give a shit while six million of his people died horrible deaths, but after all that was over was happy to help them out? Whaddafuck?

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 1 user Likes Russ's post
04-03-2015, 04:10 PM
(04-03-2015 04:04 PM)Russ Wrote:  

The more you know.
I… what… Shocking
So god didn't give a shit while six million of his people died horrible deaths, but after all that was over was happy to help them out? Whaddafuck?

"Let me massively screw you over so I can get praise for the good things after said massive screw over" is a commonly used tactic God's. Dodgy

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
04-03-2015, 04:16 PM
"We call ourselves "God's Chosen People" and we wonder why we come to such grief?? Oy vey..." - Spike Cohen --- From Tom Robbins' "Skinny Legs and All".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Quote:God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.

Voltaire

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
04-03-2015, 05:15 PM
(04-03-2015 04:16 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "We call ourselves "God's Chosen People" and we wonder why we come to such grief?? Oy vey..." - Spike Cohen --- From Tom Robbins' "Skinny Legs and All".

http://www.satirewire.com/news/march02/chosen.shtml

Quote:GOD NAMES NEXT "CHOSEN PEOPLE"; IT'S JEWS AGAIN
"Oh Shit," Say Jews

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
04-03-2015, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 05:38 PM by TheInquisition.)
(04-03-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I'm sure it wasn't the UN only. It was in the UN vote, actually, every nation voting for the State of Israel except those nations named as ancient enemies in prophecy!

And no one wanted a holocaust but the miracle in part lies in a disenfranchised people wandering for millennia getting a homeland than defeating all enemies a few years after half their people were killed. There's not one people group that possibly compare to the Jewish people in this way.

Your god values free will so much, that he wouldn't even change the mind of one man; Hitler, to spare six million Jews. Think about that, one mind changed, six million spared!

Is there no limit to your excuse making?

But you'll make excuses for this. Facepalm

You're apologist excuses ring very hollow, I wonder if you would've made these excuses if it was you and your family that were marched into the gas chambers?

Would you have self-righteously sniffed and said -praise Jesus for free will! as the doors closed and the gas seeped into the room as you and your family gasped their last breath as the screams from them and their friends echoed through the room?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
05-03-2015, 09:16 AM
(11-08-2013 11:55 PM)Kushne Wrote:  Hello everyone-- this is my first time posting here. I am a fairly recent deconvert, trying to strengthen my atheism. Recently, there was an article about a mystery priest on Fox News. I made the mistake of going to the comments where some Christian posted about the miracles god did for Israel in the Six-day war. Unfortunately, I looked up info on this and got freaked out! There were storied about Arabs stating they saw angels, and even Abraham. There was a video series that I suffered through called Against All Odds- Israel Survives. I know this is a long post but wondered if anyone on this site has heard about this purported miracles and how an atheist can logically explain away the allegations. If you want, I can post some specific stories for debunking-- but my post is already really long. Any help you can provide is appreciated. I want to be a happy atheist without worrying about Israel and their damn supposed miracles!!!

One word: Bologney!

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.