Six day war miracles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: Six day war miracles
(04-03-2015 03:16 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I'm sure it wasn't the UN only. It was in the UN vote, actually, every nation voting for the State of Israel except those nations named as ancient enemies in prophecy!

Do note the current country named Syria is in no way the ancient empire of Syria. Also, I'm not sure I'd consider the other countries voting for it a "miracle" for two reasons:
  • People felt sorry for the Jews after the holocaust, and they might look bad if they didn't support Israel.
  • Who voted? The people or God? If the people voted, how was it a "miracle"?

(04-03-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And no one wanted a holocaust but the miracle in part lies in a disenfranchised people wandering for millennia getting a homeland than defeating all enemies a few years after half their people were killed. There's not one people group that possibly compare to the Jewish people in this way.

That's not so much a miracle as it is Israel being exceptionally pragmatic and vicious. I can't blame them, but there's a big difference between planting misinformation via double-agents and striking first than divine intervention.

Bible apologists trace nations in prophecy via racial lines, not just country borders.

Yes, Syria was but a part of the empire of Assyria.

No, you are just making stuff up now. Israel having double agents couldn't have anything to do with divine intervention, for example, when God commanded that the Israelites form a team of spies to scope out Canaan before it first became Israel...

There are HUNDREDS of examples of amazing things that have happened in and around modern Israel. I know you are closed to all of them.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 09:42 AM
(04-03-2015 05:26 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 03:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, I'm sure it wasn't the UN only. It was in the UN vote, actually, every nation voting for the State of Israel except those nations named as ancient enemies in prophecy!

And no one wanted a holocaust but the miracle in part lies in a disenfranchised people wandering for millennia getting a homeland than defeating all enemies a few years after half their people were killed. There's not one people group that possibly compare to the Jewish people in this way.

Your god values free will so much, that he wouldn't even change the mind of one man; Hitler, to spare six million Jews. Think about that, one mind changed, six million spared!

Is there no limit to your excuse making?

But you'll make excuses for this. Facepalm

You're apologist excuses ring very hollow, I wonder if you would've made these excuses if it was you and your family that were marched into the gas chambers?

Would you have self-righteously sniffed and said -praise Jesus for free will! as the doors closed and the gas seeped into the room as you and your family gasped their last breath as the screams from them and their friends echoed through the room?

You are very righteous when you review the sins of others, including my sin. You are very indignant and righteous when you judge God for what you believe is inaction--regardless of any Bible prophecies touching on either the holocaust or the formation of Israel!

What of your own sin? Are you zealous then?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
05-03-2015, 10:21 AM
(05-03-2015 09:42 AM)Qlueless Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 05:26 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Your god values free will so much, that he wouldn't even change the mind of one man; Hitler, to spare six million Jews. Think about that, one mind changed, six million spared!

You're apologist excuses ring very hollow, I wonder if you would've made these excuses if it was you and your family that were marched into the gas chambers?

Would you have self-righteously sniffed and said -praise Jesus for free will! as the doors closed and the gas seeped into the room as you and your family gasped their last breath as the screams from them and their friends echoed through the room?

You are very righteous when you review the sins of others, including my sin. You are very indignant and righteous when you judge God for what you believe is inaction--regardless of any Bible prophecies touching on either the holocaust or the formation of Israel!

Watch Q squirm when no one buys into your lying/hermeneutics/apologism.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
05-03-2015, 12:11 PM
(05-03-2015 09:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 05:26 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Your god values free will so much, that he wouldn't even change the mind of one man; Hitler, to spare six million Jews. Think about that, one mind changed, six million spared!

I'm just wondering what your breaking point for BS is, is there any atrocity you won't self-righteously dismiss?
When it involves your own family maybe?
Is that when you stop your BS game of apologism?
When do you stop lying to yourself?

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
06-03-2015, 08:48 AM
(05-03-2015 12:11 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 09:42 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You are very righteous when you review the sins of others, including my sin. You are very indignant and righteous when you judge God for what you believe is inaction--regardless of any Bible prophecies touching on either the holocaust or the formation of Israel!

I'm just wondering what your breaking point for BS is, is there any atrocity you won't self-righteously dismiss?

Ask those questions of yourself and you have your "continuum" -- we all have breaking points, of course. The issue is I see how quick TTA members are to condemn sinners in the Bible and sinners in Christianity, all while pretending there are no sins! And my points stands, you must be self-righteous to acclaim anything an atrocity when you can only be speaking from an imagined social construct. I don't want to Godwin but I'm about to--you're just making stuff up at this point. "How dare there be people who kill other people in this world, not that I'm anthropocentric, mind you..."

Do you eat meat or vegetables only? How DARE you allow pigs and chickens and cattle to be penned only for slaughter so you can EAT them! Did the Israelites EAT the Egyptian firstborn? Aren't you meat eaters 100 times worse than the Bible "atrocities"? I mean, really.

06-03-2015, 03:20 PM
(06-03-2015 08:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 12:11 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I'm just wondering what your breaking point for BS is, is there any atrocity you won't self-righteously dismiss?

Ask those questions of yourself and you have your "continuum" -- we all have breaking points, of course. The issue is I see how quick TTA members are to condemn sinners in the Bible and sinners in Christianity, all while pretending there are no sins! And my points stands, you must be self-righteous to acclaim anything an atrocity when you can only be speaking from an imagined social construct. I don't want to Godwin but I'm about to--you're just making stuff up at this point. "How dare there be people who kill other people in this world, not that I'm anthropocentric, mind you..."

Do you eat meat or vegetables only? How DARE you allow pigs and chickens and cattle to be penned only for slaughter so you can EAT them! Did the Israelites EAT the Egyptian firstborn? Aren't you meat eaters 100 times worse than the Bible "atrocities"? I mean, really.

I see, so the holocaust was an "imagined social construct". Thank you for confirmation of that.

09-03-2015, 12:56 PM
(06-03-2015 03:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 08:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Ask those questions of yourself and you have your "continuum" -- we all have breaking points, of course. The issue is I see how quick TTA members are to condemn sinners in the Bible and sinners in Christianity, all while pretending there are no sins! And my points stands, you must be self-righteous to acclaim anything an atrocity when you can only be speaking from an imagined social construct. I don't want to Godwin but I'm about to--you're just making stuff up at this point. "How dare there be people who kill other people in this world, not that I'm anthropocentric, mind you..."

I see, so the holocaust was an "imagined social construct". Thank you for confirmation of that.

I beg your pardon. To an atheist a "holocaust of evil" is an imagined social construct. I don't think that every TTA member even agrees evil is a real thing or a logical possibility. I'm using your words...

09-03-2015, 03:34 PM
(09-03-2015 12:56 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-03-2015 03:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I see, so the holocaust was an "imagined social construct". Thank you for confirmation of that.

I beg your pardon. To an atheist a "holocaust of evil" is an imagined social construct. I don't think that every TTA member even agrees evil is a real thing or a logical possibility. I'm using your words...

Aren't you a snarky little bitch? Strawman much?

I see your god as deficient to prevent a monstrous act, so deficient as to be complicit- if it actually existed.

10-03-2015, 10:48 AM
(09-03-2015 03:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 12:56 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I beg your pardon. To an atheist a "holocaust of evil" is an imagined social construct. I don't think that every TTA member even agrees evil is a real thing or a logical possibility. I'm using your words...

Aren't you a snarky little bitch? Strawman much?

I see your god as deficient to prevent a monstrous act, so deficient as to be complicit- if it actually existed.

50,000 people starved to death today, many of them children. You would say God commits monstrous acts daily when these precious little ones go to Heaven, so what's your point? That you "extra-hate" God because of the Exodus? Really?

Jesus reserved much of His sternest, most fearful language for PEOPLE who cause children harm. God knows what you feel about children, what I feel for my children and strangers' children, and He empathizes with us. He really does.

Now if we miss the irony of the Exodus or it's justice, we're neither Jews nor Christians, so what are we?

10-03-2015, 10:53 AM
(10-03-2015 10:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 03:34 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Aren't you a snarky little bitch? Strawman much?

50,000 people starved to death today, many of them children. You would say God commits monstrous acts daily when these precious little ones go to Heaven, so what's your point? That you "extra-hate" God because of the Exodus? Really?

Jesus reserved much of His sternest, most fearful language for PEOPLE who cause children harm. God knows what you feel about children, what I feel for my children and strangers' children, and He empathizes with us. He really does.

Now if we miss the irony of the Exodus or it's justice, we're neither Jews nor Christians, so what are we?

The point is simple, your explanation for why there is suffering in the world is best explained by the non-existance of god(s).

The mental gymnastics you employ don't match reality.