Six day war miracles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: Six day war miracles
(10-03-2015 10:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  50,000 people starved to death today, many of them children. You would say God commits monstrous acts daily when these precious little ones go to Heaven, so what's your point? That you "extra-hate" God because of the Exodus? Really?

Jesus reserved much of His sternest, most fearful language for PEOPLE who cause children harm. God knows what you feel about children, what I feel for my children and strangers' children, and He empathizes with us. He really does.

Now if we miss the irony of the Exodus or it's justice, we're neither Jews nor Christians, so what are we?

The point is simple, your explanation for why there is suffering in the world is best explained by the non-existance of god(s).

The mental gymnastics you employ don't match reality.

You have that perfectly backwards.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 11:17 AM
(10-03-2015 10:56 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The point is simple, your explanation for why there is suffering in the world is best explained by the non-existance of god(s).

You have that perfectly backwards.

Hmm, I guess it was poorly worded.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
10-03-2015, 11:31 AM
(10-03-2015 11:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:56 AM)pablo Wrote:  You have that perfectly backwards.

Hmm, I guess it was poorly worded.

Sorry, I was referring to what Q wrote about mental gymnastics. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-03-2015, 12:38 PM
(10-03-2015 10:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:48 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  50,000 people starved to death today, many of them children. You would say God commits monstrous acts daily when these precious little ones go to Heaven, so what's your point? That you "extra-hate" God because of the Exodus? Really?

Jesus reserved much of His sternest, most fearful language for PEOPLE who cause children harm. God knows what you feel about children, what I feel for my children and strangers' children, and He empathizes with us. He really does.

Now if we miss the irony of the Exodus or it's justice, we're neither Jews nor Christians, so what are we?

The point is simple, your explanation for why there is suffering in the world is best explained by the non-existance of god(s).

How did you shift the discussion from justice to suffering? I'm uncomfortable with a god who looks the other way at humans committing moral crimes. In the Exodus, God judged Egypt for killing some Israelites and enslaving others.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2015, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 01:14 PM by TheInquisition.)
(10-03-2015 12:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 10:53 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The point is simple, your explanation for why there is suffering in the world is best explained by the non-existance of god(s).

How did you shift the discussion from justice to suffering? I'm uncomfortable with a god who looks the other way at humans committing moral crimes. In the Exodus, God judged Egypt for killing some Israelites and enslaving others.

We were discussing god's inaction in regards to the holocaust, not Exodus. It is kind of hard to keep up with all of the atrocities this god commits though.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
(05-03-2015 09:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, you are just making stuff up now. Israel having double agents couldn't have anything to do with divine intervention, for example, when God commanded that the Israelites form a team of spies to scope out Canaan before it first became Israel...

There are HUNDREDS of examples of amazing things that have happened in and around modern Israel. I know you are closed to all of them.

You're shifting the goal posts.

The topic was the six day war, and that's what I was talking about. All of those other things you're talking about are off topic.
10-03-2015, 05:10 PM
(05-03-2015 09:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There are HUNDREDS of examples of amazing things that have happened in and around modern Israel. I know you are closed to all of them.

Your personal incredulity is not evidence.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2015, 06:26 PM
(10-03-2015 05:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 09:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There are HUNDREDS of examples of amazing things that have happened in and around modern Israel. I know you are closed to all of them.

Your personal incredulity is not evidence.

Drinking Beverage

*credulity

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
10-03-2015, 06:29 PM
(10-03-2015 06:26 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 05:10 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Your personal incredulity is not evidence.

Drinking Beverage

*credulity

Either way...
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
11-03-2015, 12:43 PM
(10-03-2015 03:33 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(05-03-2015 09:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  No, you are just making stuff up now. Israel having double agents couldn't have anything to do with divine intervention, for example, when God commanded that the Israelites form a team of spies to scope out Canaan before it first became Israel...

There are HUNDREDS of examples of amazing things that have happened in and around modern Israel. I know you are closed to all of them.

You're shifting the goal posts.

The topic was the six day war, and that's what I was talking about. All of those other things you're talking about are off topic.

I apologize. The Six Day War is the topic, however it should be examined in the context of all post-WWII Israeli triumphs and God's miracle provisioning for modern Israel IMHO.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user