Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is being sued

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is being sued
I know there are a few others around here who listen to the podcast. Not sure how many folks will be interested, but I think this is a worthy cause.

I really trust these folks to tackle subjects with objectivity. They base opinions on evidence and facts exclusively, and do a great job of debunking false claims made in the area of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and health/medicine.

The link has a quick summary of why they are being sued, and they are asking for donations to help cover legal expenses.

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/legaldefense

Thanks for reading! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
29-07-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is being sued
Sounds like a good cause. Might look and see how much moolah I have after I hear some of their podcasts. Not that I wouldn't donate if I wasn't entertained but it's a plus. Also listening first because I'm curious. I like sciencey stuff though my brain doesn't allow me to process and remember details about it. If anything else, I've found how I'm going to kill a few hours...

[Image: notagain.gif]
29-07-2014, 06:17 PM
(29-07-2014 05:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I know there are a few others around here who listen to the podcast. Not sure how many folks will be interested, but I think this is a worthy cause.

I really trust these folks to tackle subjects with objectivity. They base opinions on evidence and facts exclusively, and do a great job of debunking false claims made in the area of pseudoscience, conspiracy theories, and health/medicine.

The link has a quick summary of why they are being sued, and they are asking for donations to help cover legal expenses.

http://www.theskepticsguide.org/legaldefense

Thanks for reading! Big Grin

Not familiar with this but sounds like a great cause and if I had a dollar to my name I would surely donate.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
29-07-2014, 06:22 PM
(29-07-2014 06:16 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Sounds like a good cause. Might look and see how much moolah I have after I hear some of their podcasts. Not that I wouldn't donate if I wasn't entertained but it's a plus. Also listening first because I'm curious. I like sciencey stuff though my brain doesn't allow me to process and remember details about it. If anything else, I've found how I'm going to kill a few hours...

It is really interesting. I listen to it a lot while I'm at work, I can tune out the stuff that's over my head, and the stuff I understand is REALLY informative. They are very thorough, and cover a huge range of topics. They have fun segments too that you can kind of play along with. Happy listening! Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta