Skeptical of UFOs
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
13-09-2013, 03:04 AM
RE: Skeptical of UFOs
@ Noahs Farce

There are reasons for intelligent beings to invade earth. We have some very rare minerals here. Gold is among them, and has a lot of use in industry as it is a very good conductor of electricity. Additionally they may come to seek knowledge. For the same reason we fantasize about exploring intelligent life, they may. They may even see us as primitive animals to keep as pets. I think if advanced aliens come, they will come in aggression. Do I believe in intelligent aliens? Yes. Do I believe we are being visited by said aliens? No.

@Lumi

WTF kind of titties are you looking at?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 04:09 AM
RE: Skeptical of UFOs
(13-09-2013 03:04 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  @ Noahs Farce

There are reasons for intelligent beings to invade earth. We have some very rare minerals here. Gold is among them, and has a lot of use in industry as it is a very good conductor of electricity. Additionally they may come to seek knowledge. For the same reason we fantasize about exploring intelligent life, they may. They may even see us as primitive animals to keep as pets. I think if advanced aliens come, they will come in aggression. Do I believe in intelligent aliens? Yes. Do I believe we are being visited by said aliens? No.

@Lumi

WTF kind of titties are you looking at?

If you can travel between the stars, you can probably manufacture gold. We can manufacture gold in particle accelerators.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: Skeptical of UFOs
Well, I must admit that I didn't know that we could MAKE gold. Even so, maybe it is more economical to come take ours, all stacked nice and neat for easy transport. Maybe their technology developed differently and they don't know how to manufacture gold. Maybe they are interested in other resources we have aside from gold to make the trip worth it. Since we know nothing about these speculated aliens then everything is a maybe.There is very good reason to believe that is just a hell of a lot easier to take ours instead of making their own. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesis_o...ous_metals

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: Skeptical of UFOs
(10-09-2013 07:52 PM)Luminon Wrote:  My only concern is, that only dry land species can be properly toolmaking, because they need fire to make sophisticated tools. Aquatic species would likely never achieve space travel. Dry land is space travel for them. You could argue that aquatic beings could use fire of undersea volcanic fissures and vents, but let me remind you that water is a much better conductor of heat than air and that there would be many cooked fish in that case.

I would have to agree with this opinion. Harnessing the power of fire was very critical in our development; a marine intelligence would be deprived of this ability.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 11:36 AM
RE: Skeptical of UFOs
(01-09-2013 12:28 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 07:41 AM)cjlr Wrote:  UFO is just 'unidentified flying object'. If someone sees something and can't identify it, it's a UFO - even though it may well be utterly explicable; I say 'may well be', but it's not as though I've ever heard of any that can't be identified to a qualified observer or on later investigation. Satellites, aircraft, mirages, imaging artifacts...

That's one of my pet peeves right there: people using the term UFO synonymously with "spacecraft from another planet flown by aliens." It's a strong indicator of the ignorance that runs rampant.

99% of all UFO sightings are later identified, thus leaving only 1% unexplained. Still, at no point would that even imply that the unidentified would be spacecraft, or extra-terrestrial in origin.

I heard once an interesting fact about alien visitors/abductions:
Presently, people claim to see and be visited by aliens with large heads, almond shaped black eyes, small bodies, and are completely hairless. Yet, decades ago (1940s or 1950s perhaps) the common description was that of a more muscular, hairy alien (sort of a Lon Chaney werewolf). Consider Gee, could these sightings simply be a result of the power of suggestion based upon pop culture?
yes! And before that it was ghosts and demons! Your on to something here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: