Skepticism is a Problem for the Pragmatist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: Skepticism is a Problem for the Pragmatist
(12-02-2017 02:59 PM)Naielis Wrote:  Nails returns, next installment. Return of the Ring.

In every case where you linked an explanation, it's just you either misunderstanding what I'm saying or repeating what you're saying now. And the link to me insulting anyone shows that I didn't insult anyone.

Hi Nails.

Mate, do you ever consider the problem may lay with yourself?

For a kid into philosophy, I do not see much self reflection going on here.

All you do is this: It's all your fault! It's all your fault!!!!"

Joke. 1 guys sits in a room with 99 others, thinking 'all these people suck!'

Guess what the other 99 people are thinking.

So, you told me you studied philosophy. So then, what have you gained from it thus far?

I think you mentioned Descartes. What struck you most about him? I recall vividly how I felt when I read him. I am curious to learn what you felt.

And also, you're in a room with adults. Try to control yourself. Otherwise none will ever take you seriously.

That's life. I don't make the rules. And neither do you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-02-2017, 10:05 PM
(11-02-2017 02:42 AM)Naielis Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 01:09 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  You're going to talk about induction, aren't you. I covered that in the rest of the paragraph you started quoting.

Why are you more concerned with the foundation than the results? Science is about results. If we can accurately predict, we understand. We can use.

What foundation are you proposing to use instead? You've been vague but not specific.

The results are meaningless if the foundation is flawed. Remember the skyscraper.

No, useful results are not meaningless. And science is not a fucking skyscraper.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-02-2017, 10:07 PM
(12-02-2017 10:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 02:42 AM)Naielis Wrote:  The results are meaningless if the foundation is flawed. Remember the skyscraper.

No, useful results are not meaningless. And science is not a fucking skyscraper.

Preachers gotta preach.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post