Skepticon 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Skepticon 6
Is anyone going to Skepticon this weekend? My wife and I are going. We're pretty excited as we've never been to anything like this. Big Grin

Twitter: @doubtingdragon
http://doubtingdragon.wordpress.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DoubtingDragon's post
13-11-2013, 09:31 AM
RE: Skepticon 6
I'm going with my wife. Because of work & family we'll have to miss the events on Friday, but we'll be there early Saturday.

I'm very exited to make it out there and I hope to meet a good bunch of people.

Regards...
13-11-2013, 11:44 AM
PZ Myers , Rebecca Watson , Richard Carrier...
[Image: smiley-sick006.gif]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
14-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Its gonna be awesome. So many good speakers this year. We're leaving today.

15-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Had a great first day at Skepticon today. The morning was a little slow on the workshops. Nothing to profound, but good stuff to get the feet wet. Then my 8 month pregnant wife began to have some pretty painful contractions. We left and got some lunch. She felt better afterwards.

We came back after lunch and got to check out The Thinking Atheist and Dogma Debate live broadcasts. Those were a lot of fun.

We broke out again and had dinner, then came back and got to see PZ Meyers presentation. I learned a lot of things from it, especially after my wife explained some things to me. :o)

More contractions began to pain my wife again, so we left after PZ so she could get some rest in the room. Hoping she's better tomorrow so we can enjoy some more presentations.

[+] 1 user Likes DoubtingDragon's post
15-11-2013, 10:13 PM
Skepticon 6
(15-11-2013 09:58 PM)DoubtingDragon Wrote:  Had a great first day at Skepticon today. The morning was a little slow on the workshops. Nothing to profound, but good stuff to get the feet wet. Then my 8 month pregnant wife began to have some pretty painful contractions. We left and got some lunch. She felt better afterwards.

We came back after lunch and got to check out The Thinking Atheist and Dogma Debate live broadcasts. Those were a lot of fun.

We broke out again and had dinner, then came back and got to see PZ Meyers presentation. I learned a lot of things from it, especially after my wife explained some things to me. :o)

More contractions began to pain my wife again, so we left after PZ so she could get some rest in the room. Hoping she's better tomorrow so we can enjoy some more presentations.

Pre-congratulations to the new parents (in case I miss the official announcement)!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum