Skiing anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Skiing anyone?
I'm going to Taos this weekend and haven't been skiing in years. Everything I have read about this mountain says it is STEEP and not really meant for beginners. YIKES.. anyone out there have some tips/pointers/warnings ?

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2013, 09:33 AM
RE: Skiing anyone?
(23-01-2013 09:23 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I'm going to Taos this weekend and haven't been skiing in years. Everything I have read about this mountain says it is STEEP and not really meant for beginners. YIKES.. anyone out there have some tips/pointers/warnings ?

Go to the lodge, sit in front of the huge log fire with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2013, 09:49 AM
(23-01-2013 09:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-01-2013 09:23 AM)k37713 Wrote:  I'm going to Taos this weekend and haven't been skiing in years. Everything I have read about this mountain says it is STEEP and not really meant for beginners. YIKES.. anyone out there have some tips/pointers/warnings ?

Go to the lodge, sit in front of the huge log fire with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate laced with peppermint schnapps. Drinking Beverage

haha.. I'm def gonna hit the slopes but I'm sure there will be some of that as well! Esp before I go too far up the mountain.. a little liquid courage in the form of Jagermeister will def be consumed!! Rolleyes

23-01-2013, 09:50 AM
There is more than one hill there. Go to the bunny slope first. Then do as Chas says. The hot buttered rum is great. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

23-01-2013, 10:14 AM
You might be surprised at how quickly you regain your skiing skills, it's like riding a bike. Do the bunny hill a couple times and then do a longer but not so difficult run. Then you'll be golden! Thumbsup

Heat pads or hot bath/hot tub after, because you will be sooo sore the next day Tongue
23-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Sorry... couldn't pass this up.

I can't believe you kill snow for fun.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: vjp09.gif]
23-01-2013, 10:58 AM
(23-01-2013 10:14 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  You might be surprised at how quickly you regain your skiing skills, it's like riding a bike. Do the bunny hill a couple times and then do a longer but not so difficult run. Then you'll be golden! Thumbsup

Heat pads or hot bath/hot tub after, because you will be sooo sore the next day Tongue

That's what I am counting on / hoping for Smile Heart

23-01-2013, 11:01 AM
(23-01-2013 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sorry... couldn't pass this up.

I can't believe you kill snow for fun.

Drinking Beverage

Tongue The poor lil birdies will be safe from me on this trip Smile

23-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Wow. *chuckles*

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
23-01-2013, 11:43 AM
(23-01-2013 11:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Wow. *chuckles*
Lame jokes aside.

I've never been skiing. I hear its fun. Though I think if I were going to try it I'd go snowboarding. Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard