Skirting around the rules: xtian edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Skirting around the rules: xtian edition
This is becoming really sad. They secretly hate their religion and the chains put on them.

http://m.christianpost.com/news/single-c...68372/?m=1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Skirting around the rules: xtian edition
(22-08-2016 07:11 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  This is becoming really sad. They secretly hate their religion and the chains put on them.

I don't care for Christianity either. Yes, this pastor is writing a more reasonable stance on human sexuality into the religion and that might annoy people. Either way, this pastor wants people to embrace their humanity, and that's always a step in the right direction.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
22-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Years ago I lived in a house that had an apartment up and one down. My daughter and I lived upstairs. The couple downstairs were a grade ahead of me in HS (Catholic HS). The wife told me that she and her husband prayed before they had sex that she would get pregnant.

I found that so freakin' creepy.

They finally did manage to conceive and a few months later the husband died in a car crash.

Maybe they should have prayed to have a baby and be able to raise it.

There are some crazy things done in the name of religion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-08-2016, 07:30 PM
(22-08-2016 07:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:11 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  This is becoming really sad. They secretly hate their religion and the chains put on them.

I don't care for Christianity either. Yes, this pastor is writing a more reasonable stance on human sexuality into the religion and that might annoy people. Either way, this pastor wants people to embrace their humanity, and that's always a step in the right direction.
It seems like an excuse for unhappy and frustrated Christians to experience natural sexuality while clinging to their archaic beliefs. Its hard to change a book full of no's to a book full of yes's.

[+] 1 user Likes ricepudding12's post
22-08-2016, 07:32 PM
(22-08-2016 07:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Years ago I lived in a house that had an apartment up and one down. My daughter and I lived upstairs. The couple downstairs were a grade ahead of me in HS (Catholic HS). The wife told me that she and her husband prayed before they had sex that she would get pregnant.

They finally did manage to conceive and a few months later the husband died in a car crash.

Sounds similar to a relatives story. She wanted a baby and prayed for it. She received a baby by having sex with a married man. Lol

22-08-2016, 07:33 PM
(22-08-2016 07:30 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't care for Christianity either. Yes, this pastor is writing a more reasonable stance on human sexuality into the religion and that might annoy people. Either way, this pastor wants people to embrace their humanity, and that's always a step in the right direction.
It seems like an excuse for unhappy and frustrated Christians to experience natural sexuality while clinging to their archaic beliefs. Its hard to change a book full of no's to a book full of yes's.

I think it's ultimately a good thing. It shouldn't be about what people believe... that's just bigotry. It should be about what people do and how they behave. These Christians are taking steps to a more socially physiologically normal lifestyle. Isn't that what we want them to do?
22-08-2016, 07:33 PM
(22-08-2016 07:32 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Years ago I lived in a house that had an apartment up and one down. My daughter and I lived upstairs. The couple downstairs were a grade ahead of me in HS (Catholic HS). The wife told me that she and her husband prayed before they had sex that she would get pregnant.

Sounds similar to a relatives story. She wanted a baby and prayed for it. She received a baby by having sex with a married man. Lol

Ask and ye shall receive I guess. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-08-2016, 07:38 PM
(22-08-2016 07:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:30 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  It seems like an excuse for unhappy and frustrated Christians to experience natural sexuality while clinging to their archaic beliefs. Its hard to change a book full of no's to a book full of yes's.

I think it's ultimately a good thing. It shouldn't be about what people believe... that's just bigotry. It should be about what people do and how they behave. These Christians are taking steps to a more socially physiologically normal lifestyle. Isn't that what we want them to do?
But if that's the case why not just shrug off the entire thing if they are just going to cherry pick the parts they like? I just don't really get it. I mean its good they're trying to catch up with the times, but it just seems like they might be secretly non believer's. Also I'm sure Christians like this are going to Bevin the minority since the evangelicals will probably start sending her hell fire and brimstone in her email.

23-08-2016, 09:41 AM
(22-08-2016 07:38 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I think it's ultimately a good thing. It shouldn't be about what people believe... that's just bigotry. It should be about what people do and how they behave. These Christians are taking steps to a more socially physiologically normal lifestyle. Isn't that what we want them to do?
But if that's the case why not just shrug off the entire thing if they are just going to cherry pick the parts they like? I just don't really get it. I mean its good they're trying to catch up with the times, but it just seems like they might be secretly non believer's. Also I'm sure Christians like this are going to Bevin the minority since the evangelicals will probably start sending her hell fire and brimstone in her email.

I hate being a spoil sport because I know how cathartic it can be to bash on something that you irks you so much. People accuse my religion of cherry picking, and the vast majority (I’d estimate 99.9999%) of the people who say this have no clue what my religion is about and are in no position to speak on behalf of what my book actually says.

I’ll grant you that most people have a much firmer grasp of what Christianity teaches, but even then, who is anyone to say what a religion means to another person? (I’m making a distinction between a harmless religion and one that harms people emotionally, mentally, physically or financially). In this case, the Christians are taking positive steps toward taking control of their lives. If they're secret non-believers, then let them make that realization on their own.

For me, the long-term goal is shed religious fundamentalism. Atheists may take that a step further and desire all religion to be phased out, but I don’t think anyone thinks this will happen overnight. Celebrate the small victories when they come. Smile
23-08-2016, 10:56 AM

They were thwarting the will of God by requesting a baby God didn't want them to have!