Skirting around the rules: xtian edition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2016, 01:40 PM
RE: Skirting around the rules: xtian edition
I think this article shows that some Christians are moving in the right direction but I haven't known of many personally who wanted to wait until marriage to have sex, they were just as promiscuous as any other person, maybe even more so in some cases. They were also much more likely to get pregnant because no one ever told them how important it is to use condoms and birth control.

My only gripe would be are they also accepting of homosexuality, a victim-less crime that can result in long lasting love and pleasurable sex that is consensual, many Xians like to believe it's harmful even if they don't realize, that the loving thing to do is tell them it's a sin but if you're going to have premarital sex, where do you draw the line? It seems hypocritical.

I honestly will accept whatever they want to do as long as we can stop with the creepy purity balls where little girls marry their dads and they own their virginity until they get married.

First of all virginity isn't a thing like a dress or a ring, it's not some prize or jewel to be won or earned and secondly it can't be "given" to anyone and then given to someone else, it's something you experience but even then once you're no longer a virgin you are not dirty or impure. Xian views on sex has always been so strange to me.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-08-2016, 02:31 PM
(22-08-2016 07:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  These Christians are taking steps to a more socially physiologically normal lifestyle. Isn't that what we want them to do?

Not really. I don't care about how normal their life is, I only want them to fuck off from mine.

Also such cherry picking makes me laugh at hypocrisy of holier than thou assholes who wants both sex and Jesus.

All in all it may be a good thing but for me it is pathetic.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-08-2016, 02:38 PM
Huh, saw this on my FB feed today. Evangelical...I'm sorry... "non-Denominational" youth minister on it was ranting how she was a false teacher and shouldn't be called a "pastor" because she's a woman (despite her degrees and his lack thereof).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2016, 03:23 PM
(23-08-2016 10:56 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(22-08-2016 07:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Years ago I lived in a house that had an apartment up and one down. My daughter and I lived upstairs. The couple downstairs were a grade ahead of me in HS (Catholic HS). The wife told me that she and her husband prayed before they had sex that she would get pregnant.

I found that so freakin' creepy.

They finally did manage to conceive and a few months later the husband died in a car crash.

Maybe they should have prayed to have a baby and be able to raise it.

There are some crazy things done in the name of religion.

They were thwarting the will of God by requesting a baby God didn't want them to have!

This is my view of any kind of prayer. If God is what they say He is, how can they be so presumptuous as to think they know better than he does what's best for them? Why would the almighty all-knowing all-seeing God change his plan just because I ask him to?
23-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Quote:I honestly will accept whatever they want to do as long as we can stop with the creepy purity balls where little girls marry their dads and they own their virginity until they get married.

I didn't know that was a thing until I read your post, and then googled it. Thanks a lot...now I need a shower. That is so far past creepy...Sadcryface
[+] 3 users Like The Dark One's post
23-08-2016, 03:50 PM
(23-08-2016 03:30 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I honestly will accept whatever they want to do as long as we can stop with the creepy purity balls where little girls marry their dads and they own their virginity until they get married.

I didn't know that was a thing until I read your post, and then googled it. Thanks a lot...now I need a shower. That is so far past creepy...Sadcryface

I'm so sorry, I felt the same when I first heard about them on the news. I felt sick and so glad my dad never tried to anything like that with me. No

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
23-08-2016, 03:57 PM
(23-08-2016 03:50 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(23-08-2016 03:30 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I didn't know that was a thing until I read your post, and then googled it. Thanks a lot...now I need a shower. That is so far past creepy...Sadcryface

I'm so sorry, I felt the same when I first heard about them on the news. I felt sick and so glad my dad never tried to anything like that with me. No

I have two grown daughters, and that whole thing...wow. That's just wrong, on multiple levels. Frusty

Hypocrisy...so much hypocrisy. No