Skunks on Noah's Ark.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: Skunks on Noah's Ark.
Skunk-weed is low grade, sub-par stuff. I can't imagine someone liking it. The smell of Blueberry or Northern Lights #5, though...

Mmmm.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2015, 12:15 PM
(23-10-2015 12:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 12:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  My brother claimed to like the smell of skunk, because it reminded him of certain types of marijuana.

Doesnt that sound like something appealing to smoke? *gag*

You wouldn't think so, but some of the best stuff does have a "skunky" smell, and it actually tastes pretty good. Not that I would know this anymore -- I stopped smoking that stuff at the same time I stopped smoking cigarettes (about 12 years ago). I guess inhaling any kind of smoke is an acquired taste (and one which it is better not to acquire).
23-10-2015, 12:20 PM
(23-10-2015 12:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-10-2015 12:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Doesnt that sound like something appealing to smoke? *gag*

You wouldn't think so, but some of the best stuff does have a "skunky" smell, and it actually tastes pretty good. Not that I would know this anymore -- I stopped smoking that stuff at the same time I stopped smoking cigarettes (about 12 years ago). I guess inhaling any kind of smoke is an acquired taste (and one which it is better not to acquire).

I've never smoked anything, cigarettes or otherwise. Can't stand the smell.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
23-10-2015, 09:49 PM
(22-10-2015 09:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 05:54 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I ran into an article that calculated the thermal energy from a rainfall that intense would have boiled the oceans, I can't seem to find it right now.

Biker already brought up a great article on the issues, but TalkOrigins also has a pretty decent page on the subject.

I like the TalkOrigins examination of the physics because it deals with the only process by which the water could have "come up" from the "fountains of the deep" against gravity like that, and it calculates that that process would also be more than enough to boil off all the oceans.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

Oh, you silly heathens. Facepalm

The earth was smoother then; Mt. Everest was just a hill.

And he didn't have to fit two (or five or seven) of every animal, just two (or five or seven) of every kind.

You heathens are so ignorant. You need to read The Good Book™. Angel

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-10-2015, 04:27 AM
(23-10-2015 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 09:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Biker already brought up a great article on the issues, but TalkOrigins also has a pretty decent page on the subject.

I like the TalkOrigins examination of the physics because it deals with the only process by which the water could have "come up" from the "fountains of the deep" against gravity like that, and it calculates that that process would also be more than enough to boil off all the oceans.

And he didn't have to fit two (or five or seven) of every animal, just two (or five or seven) of every kind.

Sigh Sad There are people who think like this...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-10-2015, 04:55 AM
(23-10-2015 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 09:15 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Biker already brought up a great article on the issues, but TalkOrigins also has a pretty decent page on the subject.

That doesn't account for rabies.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-10-2015, 05:10 AM
(24-10-2015 04:55 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  That doesn't account for rabies.

Devil. Accounted for.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-10-2015, 06:08 AM
(24-10-2015 05:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 04:55 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  That doesn't account for rabies.

Devil. Accounted for.

Sonofabitch! Is there any part of that religion that isn't a fucking excuse!?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-10-2015, 06:13 AM
(24-10-2015 06:08 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(24-10-2015 05:10 AM)morondog Wrote:  Devil. Accounted for.

Sonofabitch! Is there any part of that religion that isn't a fucking excuse!?

Nope. No excuse for fucking though, except if you're the priest Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-10-2015, 09:17 AM
(22-10-2015 04:19 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I just thought about this one. It was almost like an Epiphany really. I mean...WHOA!

How did they keep the skunks from...like..I don't even..

Forget about the smell of poop! The instant a one of those lions makes a peep or one of noah's family members walks up to the skunks a little too fast and scares them.

OMG!!!!!! The other animals would fucking Riot and stampede!
Good arguments. But if you believe that because of faith in God anybody can endure anything then those arguments fall flat. We believe that everything is possible with God.
For example, some people ask: "how did Noah bring(was looking for) all the animals?" The answer: Noah didn't look for them, he didn't bring them. But God commanded to all the animals and they came to Noah.
Miracles happen among God's chosen people who ACT according to their FAITH.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED