Skylight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Skylight
(28-06-2016 09:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Hi. I have no idea what is meant by the skylight of your mind unless you are into trepanning.

I need to get into trepanning like I need another hole in my head..

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-06-2016, 11:10 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

Welcome to the conversation Doddia.

Just a forewarning, some of the members will come of a little strong handed.

We have a number of theist's of many different religions here that get along very well, with us. We also have a number of theist's with presuppositions on what we think and how we should think. Those are the types of believers that are often the aim of mockery and ridicule.

So long as the questions are sincere and presuppositions are put aside you'll fit in great.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 3 users Like Commonsensei's post
28-06-2016, 11:27 AM
(28-06-2016 11:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 09:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Hi. I have no idea what is meant by the skylight of your mind unless you are into trepanning.

I need to get into trepanning like I need another hole in my head..

Tongue

Aww, I gotta love laying on my back in the grass, in the shade of a big tree, just watching the leaves rustle and the birds flit about, listening to the hum of bees and letting my thoughts roam freely.....

[Image: treegirl_zps2ucccqcw.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2016, 11:27 AM
(28-06-2016 09:30 AM)Doddia Wrote:  Hi, I'm Georgia and I'm interested in what you have to say. Karl Barth said open the skylight of your mind every morning and I like to do that. Smile

I grew up (from age 4 to age 11) on St. Simon's Island, Georgia, and attended a Christian elementary school on the mainland, in Brunswick. My dad worked as an engineer at the plant in Woodbine.

Welcome to TTA! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Welcome!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Welcome
28-06-2016, 01:02 PM
(28-06-2016 09:30 AM)Doddia Wrote:  Hi, I'm Georgia and I'm interested in what you have to say. Karl Barth said open the skylight of your mind every morning and I like to do that. Smile

I am a fellow admirer of Barth. I referred him to my dear old mum who continues to pray for my sorry soul, "Doesn't the requirement that I personally believe in the sacrifice of the redeemer diminish that sacrifice to the point of my own personal arrogance?" She still prays for me. God bless her.

#sigh
28-06-2016, 01:18 PM
(28-06-2016 11:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Welcome..

Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome dudes. Biker I'm a biker. Lol
28-06-2016, 02:03 PM
(28-06-2016 01:18 PM)Doddia Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 11:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Welcome..

Big Grin

Thanks for the welcome dudes. Biker I'm a biker. Lol

Oooooooooooh, a Beamer Biker, no less! Nice.

Biker rides a Triumph. I ride a Honda. Glad to have another rider here, too. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
28-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forum. Pull up a toadstool.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.