Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds
(13-07-2012 01:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Here's my skype name: yar.sobakins

Is it still going on?
Yeah.... Though I just usually talk to anyone I send contact requests to. I think we will organize a group one soon though, and if not, I'll just message everyone. Glad to have you aboard.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I just got a mic, so I am free to join you guys. Big Grin

Skype name: Mike_Vogler

And since there are a lot of them, my profile pic is of a redheaded anime chick. Big Grin

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
17-07-2012, 07:39 AM
(17-07-2012 07:16 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I just got a mic, so I am free to join you guys. Big Grin

Skype name: Mike_Vogler

And since there are a lot of them, my profile pic is of a redheaded anime chick. Big Grin
Got it. I'll probably set up a meeting soon... Though there are so many on the list Ohmy

21-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm wondering if people would like to have these skype meetings on a more structured, maybe a monthly basis. The last time we did this, it was great fun and I really enjoyed talking to people on the forum, but I felt that things were going off-topic and for the most part, it was the same people talking and I would've liked to hear more from everyone. We also were online for several hours and didn't really talk about much.

I was thinking that maybe we could have a monthly (or if people prefer, fortnightly, weekly would be a little too much for me) speaker. This speaker could choose a topic, like for example, they could speak about their former faith, how they came out of religion, or what it was like growing up atheist. Or they could speak of something else that's related to secularism/atheism. This speaker would of course be one of us. After speaking, the others could ask questions (or if you prefer, they might even interrupt the speaker to ask questions on the spot).

Optionally, if people don't mind we could even record the discussion and then share it on the forum. As it is skype you have the option of remaining completely anonymous.

Thoughts? Biscuits? Insults?

We can still meet up and faff about before and after the official talk.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
21-07-2012, 08:00 AM
The topic leader as a speaker idea sounds pretty good. I haven't participated yet, but i'm sure some structure would be nice. Though if I ever lead a dscussion don't exect much consistency =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
21-07-2012, 08:02 AM
I haven't really been on lately but sometime soon I'll get back on. I would enjoy a structured conversation.
21-07-2012, 09:31 AM
(21-07-2012 05:54 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'm wondering if people would like to have these skype meetings on a more structured, maybe a monthly basis. The last time we did this, it was great fun and I really enjoyed talking to people on the forum, but I felt that things were going off-topic and for the most part, it was the same people talking and I would've liked to hear more from everyone. We also were online for several hours and didn't really talk about much.

I was thinking that maybe we could have a monthly (or if people prefer, fortnightly, weekly would be a little too much for me) speaker. This speaker could choose a topic, like for example, they could speak about their former faith, how they came out of religion, or what it was like growing up atheist. Or they could speak of something else that's related to secularism/atheism. This speaker would of course be one of us. After speaking, the others could ask questions (or if you prefer, they might even interrupt the speaker to ask questions on the spot).

Optionally, if people don't mind we could even record the discussion and then share it on the forum. As it is skype you have the option of remaining completely anonymous.

Thoughts? Biscuits? Insults?

We can still meet up and faff about before and after the official talk.
Having it a bit more structured would work for me. I think that if we just stay on topic, we can have a nice discussion...

I have discussed with almost all that have signed up, and I am on twentyfour seven.

We have more than enough people now...(almost seems too much Tongue ) and I would love to hear your thoughts on particular issues, and many things I have encountered, and maybe you guys have as well.

I am ready anytime.

21-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Sorry I haven't been on in a while guys.

I haven't been in the mood to discuss the issues as of late. I'd be on skype to just either listen or talk about nothing important.

When talking to people in through voice, I'll admit that most of the time, people feel like they have something to teach me, instead of discuss with me, and I just don't feel comfortable in those kinds of conversations.
So I'd just rather talk about something that I don't mind people "Schooling" me on. Like video games... or something lol.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
21-07-2012, 09:46 AM
(21-07-2012 09:44 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Sorry I haven't been on in a while guys.

I haven't been in the mood to discuss the issues as of late. I'd be on skype to just either listen or talk about nothing important.

When talking to people in through voice, I'll admit that most of the time, people feel like they have something to teach me, instead of discuss with me, and I just don't feel comfortable in those kinds of conversations.
So I'd just rather talk about something that I don't mind people "Schooling" me on. Like video games... or something lol.
Sorry if I "School" You.

I didn't realize that was what I was doing.

21-07-2012, 11:26 AM
(21-07-2012 09:44 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Sorry I haven't been on in a while guys.

No worries man. I totally get it. We are all comfortable with where we are at, and we are all at different stages in life. I try not to be pushy, and I certainly hope I have not come across as such in any way shape or form. You've been very fun to talk to, and I have enjoyed our conversations. You're quite a deep thinker and I respect the fact that you aren't afraid to ask questions and you aren't afraid to dig around.

I try never to make things about "schooling" people on stuff, I try to make conversations productive and try to find a place where both people can learn things even if it's only about the other person. If I've done anything to the contrary, I'm open to feedback. You and I have definitely had some in depth conversations, but I've always felt they were productive and interesting, since you seem very curious and enjoy talking about the fun of the universe Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post