Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
23-06-2012, 05:48 PM
RE: Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds
(23-06-2012 05:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I'm on Skype... Logicch ( butchered the name Angel Laughat ) is really interrsted in talking to you again, and so am I.

I'm looking forward to chatting again as well.
Right now I'm at work and I'll be here for a few more hours.
Right now there are some things going on -

My wife left today to go back to Tennessee because someone she cares about is dying either today or tomorrow. She has lung cancer that spread to her brain. There are several tumors, one of which is larger than the size of a softball... in her head... pressing against her brain. They told me that when the doctor looked at the x-rays of the tumor, he went pale. He explained that he didn't think it was possible for someone to still be alive with something as massive as this thing pushing against her brain and smashing blood vessels shut.
Anyways, she lasted a little while like this, but she's finally about to pass away.

The next thing is that my job is switching my shift to first shift starting Monday. My available times will be different and I am planning on going to bed early tonight. I may struggle with that since I am extremely worried about my wifes 9hour trip..

And lastly, I would like you all to listen to this -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y8p6uQDH4s

And thank you

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't mind joining a skype community. My skype name is my forum name. Yay!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
23-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Coolbeans, sounds like we'll have a fun discussion tonight Smile I added you Fstratzero.

BTW - if there is anyone who wants to have a chat but is NOT comfortable putting your skype name on the forum, pm me and i'll add you for tonight's conversation.
24-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I am on every night, so if ya wanna call or chat; no problem.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-06-2012, 03:15 PM
wow that youtube link... awesome music. I am listening to that with my headphones on as suggested. Great! Thanks!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
24-06-2012, 04:16 PM
(24-06-2012 03:15 PM)Leela Wrote:  wow that youtube link... awesome music. I am listening to that with my headphones on as suggested. Great! Thanks!

Heck yeah! Love that kind of music Smile
I listen to it really loudly in my car with the windows down hoping to stop at a red light next to a couple people with their windows down as well to show off my music because this sentence never ends....

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-06-2012, 03:56 AM
When is this going to go on again?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
30-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm sure I signed up for this and didn't hear anything Sad.

Or am I supposed to actually check here for when each one is? I've just been arrogantly waiting for someone to let me know.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-07-2012, 08:14 AM
(30-06-2012 07:39 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm sure I signed up for this and didn't hear anything Sad.

Or am I supposed to actually check here for when each one is? I've just been arrogantly waiting for someone to let me know.

Honestly, we should just set up a scheduled time for weekly or bi-weekly chats. I guess I could help set them up. So let's have people start posting how often they'd be able to/would like to participate, what days would be best for them, and what times (please include your time zone!) they're available.

In the mean time, if you'd like to PM me your skype name I can get you in touch with the other TTA people on skype whose names I have. Currently, Atothetheist, Vosur and myself are the most active. We're on daily and usually chat just to bullshit.

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart. The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace." -- Carlos Santana
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, the biggest issue with scheduled chats on a consistent basis is that we have people from many time zones. I'm usually up for a chat if someone gives me a heads up or advanced notice. BTW if you add me, just give me a heads up you're from TTA so I don't ignore the request lol.