Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-10-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: Skype Forum - A coming together of Minds
(30-10-2015 07:16 PM)mecanna Wrote:  Ack.. it won't let me send a message.

What won't let you send a message?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2015, 05:12 AM
Skype. Before I try to send a contact request. I'm quite sure it's operator error again. Wink
31-10-2015, 05:52 AM
(31-10-2015 05:12 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Skype. Before I try to send a contact request. I'm quite sure it's operator error again. Wink

Am I reading it right in that you trying to send a message over Skype without the recipient being on your contact list? If I am, that's a no-no. Skype doesn't like it when people send messages directly to other people they 'don't know'. It also tends to be bitchy when you try to join a call hosted by somebody not on your list.

It's probably a way to stop spammers and their ilk.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
31-10-2015, 06:09 AM
(31-10-2015 05:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 05:12 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Skype. Before I try to send a contact request. I'm quite sure it's operator error again. Wink

Am I reading it right in that you trying to send a message over Skype without the recipient being on your contact list? If I am, that's a no-no. Skype doesn't like it when people send messages directly to other people they 'don't know'. It also tends to be bitchy when you try to join a call hosted by somebody not on your list.

Ooh. Thank you! I was trying to send a message to Clockwork, I didn't want to "add contact" first because there were roughly 10 users with that name.
31-10-2015, 04:11 PM
(31-10-2015 06:09 AM)mecanna Wrote:  
(31-10-2015 05:52 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Am I reading it right in that you trying to send a message over Skype without the recipient being on your contact list? If I am, that's a no-no. Skype doesn't like it when people send messages directly to other people they 'don't know'. It also tends to be bitchy when you try to join a call hosted by somebody not on your list.

Ooh. Thank you! I was trying to send a message to Clockwork, I didn't want to "add contact" first because there were roughly 10 users with that name.
Oh... Gotcha. If it helps, I have the same avatar as here (I made it). Green A Inc circle merged with a gear.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
31-10-2015, 04:27 PM
do you guys use the camera or just the voice part?
31-10-2015, 04:43 PM
(31-10-2015 04:27 PM)skyking Wrote:  do you guys use the camera or just the voice part?

Jut voice.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Only ever used video a couple times, years ago. Now just audio.
31-10-2015, 05:01 PM
OK, looking for a mic.
31-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Ugh.. maybe because I'm on a phone, none of the names have an avatar by them. Just the little Skype user picture. Sad

Probably more operator error. I'll try again later