Poll: What's your favoured fighting style on Skyrim
Two Handed Weaponry
One Handed Weaponry + Shield
Dual Wielded One Handed Weaponry
Bow and Arrows
Magic
Fists
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Skyrim: Favoured Weapons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 02:22 PM by Hughsie.)
Skyrim: Favoured Weapons
Title says it all.

Vote for your favoured weapon on Skyrim.

If I've missed your favoured weaponry let me know and I'll add it to the poll.

My preference if for the bow and arrows. I can take out most people before they get near me that way (and usually before they know I'm there). If someone does get in close I switch to my Warhammer and pound them to dust.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-03-2013, 02:22 PM
RE: Skyrim: Favoured Weapons
I'm a two handed sword guy... I can't remember the last sword I was using. I'll have to go check that at some point.

I'm the kind of guy who just charges in and swings around like a berserker. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
18-03-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm all about the bow. Crossbows didn't impress me. The bow you get at the end of the Dawnguard DLC was nice, as well as the bow you get for doing the quest where the ghost chic guides you through one of the Dwemer ruins and then you have to find all the pieces of the aetherium key.

But ultimately, I make two dragon bows, then slap on all my +blacksmithing gear and upgrade them to godlike damage, then throw some enchantments on them: Frost and Shock on my main bow, and just Soul Trap on my second bow. I hotkey them both for quick switching. The main bow does tons of damage and if anything survives being shot, they lose Stamina and Magic from the frost and shock - this has the benefit of slowing them down as they run toward me for melee, and/or depleting their mana for spellcasters trying to blast me with long range magic. The other I switch to from time to time when I find a suitable target to fill soul gems so I can keep the magic up on my main bow.

I also train up in a one-handed sword and a shield and put that into hotkey 3 & 4 for when I get rushed by multiple enemies too close to snipe them all with my bow. Blocking with a shield keeps me alive, swords swing faster than any other type of melee weapon, and between blocking and striking I can usually thin their numbers down to where I can switch to the bow and finish them off without dying - it's really only necessary against large numbers of melee foes (plus the extra training means extra levels).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
19-03-2013, 08:20 AM
If they do exist in skyrim I cant actually remember, but thrown weapons are missing. I'm guessing they are underwhelming if they do. Ive been playing morrowind a lot recently and using throwing knifes, they aren't great, but sav wear and tear killing vermin.

Mostly though, Im sword and board, but I use 2h a lot also. I rarely use bows, unless its to trigger traps or push stuff over.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Magic/ conjured bow on one character.

My melee character uses all types. I focus on 2 handed maces, but then as I started using them dual wielding one-handers(swords) with no enchants, using the 2h perks, and the elemental fury shout you put out crazy damage fast. On the hardest difficulty with no damage modifiers on any of my gear even the toughest enemies don't take much more than a few dual wield power attacks.
19-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I love my ebony bow. I also have a 20 percent boost to bow as well as a double the amount of damage (if that makes sense) to sneak attack. One hit sneak shots ftw. Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
19-03-2013, 08:07 PM
The Mace of Molag Bal and Mehrunes' Razor.

You should enjoy the quests required to get them... Evil_monster

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
19-03-2013, 09:54 PM
When it was released (not sure if its been changed at all), magic became pretty tough after the first few story missions, as I found I was constantly running out mid fight.

I found one handed with shield to be pretty effective throughout the game.

Bows start off pretty weak, and then pick up quite a bit as the game progresses, becoming super effective (IMO)
19-03-2013, 10:06 PM
(19-03-2013 08:07 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The Mace of Molag Bal and Mehrunes' Razor.

You should enjoy the quests required to get them... Evil_monster

I didn't get Mehrunes' Razor. He was getting on my nerves and I don't use one-handed weapons anyway so I told him to stick it, killed the temple guardians, and nicked all his stuff.

It was so satisfying.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
20-03-2013, 03:10 AM
Fire!! Fire everywhere!!

Burn them all! Burn everything!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.