Poll: What's your favoured fighting style on Skyrim
Two Handed Weaponry
One Handed Weaponry + Shield
Dual Wielded One Handed Weaponry
Bow and Arrows
Magic
Fists
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Skyrim: Favoured Weapons

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: Skyrim: Favoured Weapons
I almost exclusively play an assassin-like character, either using a bow or two daggers. But since this isn't a multiple-choice poll, I had to go with the weapon that I prefer to use, which is the bow.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 10:39 AM
(19-03-2013 10:06 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(19-03-2013 08:07 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  The Mace of Molag Bal and Mehrunes' Razor.

You should enjoy the quests required to get them... Evil_monster

I didn't get Mehrunes' Razor. He was getting on my nerves and I don't use one-handed weapons anyway so I told him to stick it, killed the temple guardians, and nicked all his stuff.

It was so satisfying.
He sends the dremora after you no matter which choice you make. So you get the temple key either way. Only difference is whether or not you get the artifact.

BTW, if you want an unlimited supply of daedra hearts those dremora outside and within the temple respawn after a while. I think 7 days.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
20-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Kind of wanted to vote on both two-handed (greatswords) and bows and arrows.
I love them both

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
20-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm a fan of bow and arrow first (when I'm sneaking) and if that doesn't score the killing blow from afar, I like dual wielding swords. I'm currently using Dawnbreaker and Dragonbane, and a fine Ebony bow.

And there's 'murder everything' mode when I turn into a werewolf.

25-03-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2013 06:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I tend to favor playing as a Ranger archetype, but not in the traditional D&D or Tolkien sense. I go for what I think of as 'Nordic Ranger', which is usually a Longbow coupled with a Battleaxe or Greatsword. To be fair I actually did play a character in a D&D campaign with this play style, and with the right class/feat/race selection, it can be quite potent.

Heavy armor, not terrible great at sneaking, but only needing enough to get maybe the initial critical volley. Then as people get closer, going two handed to mop them up. No messing with shields or sets of weapons, a clean swap from one two handed weapon to the next. Also, the Nordic weapons introduced with the Dragonborn DLC are PIMP.

Also, if you are playing on PC, do yourself a favor and subscribe to this simple little archery mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=131632039

Now the arrows fly farther and don't fall as fast, or entirely disappear after X amount of space. I used to think that the bows just sucked at long range. Nope, turns out that by default the arrows quite literally disappear after a certain distance. Now I can actually hit dragons and take down deer from what seems like a football field away. The guy also has a version that does the same thing to spells.

[Image: 600px-DB-icon-weapon-Nordic_Bow.png]

[Image: DB-icon-weapon-Nordic_Greatsword.png]

[Image: DB-icon-weapon-Nordic_Warhammer.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
25-03-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't really have a preference, just whatever the mood strikes me.

At the moment I'm playing a stealthy theft character who uses exclusively bow/arrow. Sneak attacks are friggin amazing, and being able to do them from afar without anyone even knowing you're there is fantastic.

My original first save (and currently my best) was single handed weapon with shield and heavy armor.
But of course being my first time playing it I made a few mistakes with that character, such as investing too many points into heavy armor. There's an armor cap and I am well and truly over it (you can actually reach it on steal armor set with high enough smiting and a few potions).

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
01-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Even though I haven't played in awhile, I will saw bow/arrow. Great for snipe and long range attacks. That, and I love playing as an elf in the game. Has anybody played the extensions yet?

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I prefer a one handed weapon. Usually sword cuz it swings faster than an axe or mace. My guy right now (non cheated or glitched) has a Dadric mace that does 445 damage. Im a power gamer, so whatever is the most fierce is usually what I end up using.

You can argue with logic all you want, but if you put faulty data in to start with then you get a faulty answer. No matter how logically you agrue it.
02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
I like the Dawnguard crossbow with modified bolts...but when I can transform into a Werewolf...well, that's my favorite "weapon" - used that method to nail a disguised vampire in one of the non-walled towns where I could escape into the woods after I did him in (hehe)! Evil_monster
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Elven Ax and Falmar shield my favorite combo.