Skyrim for PS3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 09:13 PM
Skyrim for PS3
Okay, so I'm anything but a gamer. I have a casual interest here and there to play a video game and my son is right at the age that he can actually play some games.

So we finally decided to upgrade to a PS3. I know, I know......but it wasn't $500 and we can get cheap used games. We don't play enough to justify paying for a new system.

Getting to the point, I saw Skyrim at the store, looked pretty cool so I picked it up. Upon reading shit on the webz I now know that Skyrim sucks on the PS3. That's fine, but I at least want to play it. I can't get the damn thing to load past 3% to even start it up. We even took the first system back to walmart to get the one with more memory and it's still doing the same thing. I just want to play it a little bit for fuck's sake.

Anyone else have this problem? Anything I can do or should I just take the game back to the store and recover my $15.99??

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: Skyrim for PS3
What's the problem exactly?

Are you trying to install it onto the hard-drive? Because its not necessary to play the game, you can just run it off the disk.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Take 'em both back and get a 360, silly. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-03-2015, 12:28 PM
(18-03-2015 11:08 AM)Sam Wrote:  What's the problem exactly?

Are you trying to install it onto the hard-drive? Because its not necessary to play the game, you can just run it off the disk.

It automatically wants to load disc data.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
18-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Skyrim = heaven

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
18-03-2015, 01:50 PM
(18-03-2015 11:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Take 'em both back and get a 360, silly. Tongue

^ that or get it on PC, they both work.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
18-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I used to play skyrim on playstation 3 alot and it worked and played pretty well for me. Are you trying to install the game? If so you could check if there might be some scratches on the disc.
18-03-2015, 05:39 PM
(18-03-2015 03:57 PM)4Syntraph Wrote:  I used to play skyrim on playstation 3 alot and it worked and played pretty well for me. Are you trying to install the game? If so you could check if there might be some scratches on the disc.

All I do is put the disc in and it goes from there. It is a used game, but as far as I can tell the disc is immaculate.

I wouldn't even know how to install a game on it. We just got it.

~ Umberto Eco
22-03-2015, 11:08 AM
EH, I'm warning you... Playing Skyrim on PS3 is kinda like Captain Freedom's workout:

"Are you ready for pain? Are you ready for suffering? If the answer is yes... Then you're ready for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the Playstation 3!"

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
22-03-2015, 11:12 AM
(18-03-2015 11:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Take 'em both back and get a 360, silly. Tongue

Words of wisdom right there.