Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
22-03-2015, 11:21 AM
RE: Skyrim for PS3
Skryim without mods?
Without SkyUI, even?
the horror! Gasp

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
22-03-2015, 04:19 PM
I have it on PS3 And it plays quite well. Though I wish I had bought it for PC ass I would have loved to play around with mods.
23-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Well, I've been playing the PC version of Skyrim on PC for several days now, and quite honestly, I don't think there's much to be gained from it.

I hate using keyboard and mouse, so I've used an Xbox controller, but its no where near as accurate or responsive. My eyes hurt from being close to the monitor, my arse and neck hurt from sitting at the desk, so I plugged the PC into my TV, which is proving to be totally impractical.

Mods are okay, but you have to put up with crap voice acting, or no spoken dialogue at all. And they're buggy as hell. They are easy to install and deactivate with the Nexus Mod Manager though.

So on the whole, I do prefer console gaming... I find it infinitely more simple, easy and relaxing. The graphics on PC are marginally better, but I certainly wouldn't pay to keep it up to date.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2015, 11:56 AM
(23-03-2015 11:24 AM)Sam Wrote:  Well, I've been playing the PC version of Skyrim on PC for several days now, and quite honestly, I don't think there's much to be gained from it.

I hate using keyboard and mouse, so I've used an Xbox controller, but its no where near as accurate or responsive. My eyes hurt from being close to the monitor, my arse and neck hurt from sitting at the desk, so I plugged the PC into my TV, which is proving to be totally impractical.

Mods are okay, but you have to put up with crap voice acting, or no spoken dialogue at all. And they're buggy as hell. They are easy to install and deactivate with the Nexus Mod Manager though.

So on the whole, I do prefer console gaming... I find it infinitely more simple, easy and relaxing. The graphics on PC are marginally better, but I certainly wouldn't pay to keep it up to date.

I disagree. Mods can change lot of things to the better. First of all are all the bugfixes. SkyUI makes the interface a lot easier and better to navigate. And if you're dealing with mods that doesn't work, I think you better be more thinking over what you're downloading. The ones that have been put work into aren't buggy whatsoever. And the crappy or no voiceacting one is another thing you need to look for to get right. Try Wyrmstooth.

I honestly don't see the problem with using a keyboard. I've gotten a lot better at the game by using it, mainly because instead of just having 4 hotkeys I now have 8 and over a hundred I can use on everything else.

But I've said this a million times, and I'll say it again. Untill Bethesda allows consoles to use the dev console, playing their games on a console is a fucking nightmare, cause Bethesda's games are MASSIVE. The PS3 was the crappiest port. Nobody liked making games for the PS3's unconventinal architecture, and that Bethesda used almost 2 years to make the DLC's work on it is proof enough.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
23-03-2015, 03:57 PM
(23-03-2015 11:56 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 11:24 AM)Sam Wrote:  Well, I've been playing the PC version of Skyrim on PC for several days now, and quite honestly, I don't think there's much to be gained from it.

I disagree. Mods can change lot of things to the better. First of all are all the bugfixes. SkyUI makes the interface a lot easier and better to navigate. And if you're dealing with mods that doesn't work, I think you better be more thinking over what you're downloading. The ones that have been put work into aren't buggy whatsoever. And the crappy or no voiceacting one is another thing you need to look for to get right. Try Wyrmstooth.

I honestly don't see the problem with using a keyboard. I've gotten a lot better at the game by using it, mainly because instead of just having 4 hotkeys I now have 8 and over a hundred I can use on everything else.

But I've said this a million times, and I'll say it again. Untill Bethesda allows consoles to use the dev console, playing their games on a console is a fucking nightmare, cause Bethesda's games are MASSIVE. The PS3 was the crappiest port. Nobody liked making games for the PS3's unconventinal architecture, and that Bethesda used almost 2 years to make the DLC's work on it is proof enough.

I think its the fact you can't smoothly vary movement speed with keys. With an analogue joystick, you can push it full forward for full speed, or half way to move slower, the same for looking around. In Skyrim you can press shift or capslock to slow yourself down, but I invariably ended up getting the two confused.

For some reason I just can't get used to using a mouse to look/aim, I find it either too sensitive, or not sensitive enough, but never quite right. Maybe I'll get back into it, because I used to play a lot of PC first person shooters, and always used mouse and keyboard for those.

I don't have a PS3 so I can't really comment on how Skyrim runs on it. On the 360 I've never had any real trouble, always found it very smooth and enjoyable. The only problem I used to get was the game freezing on autosave, which I disabled.

Best mods I've used so far have mainly been weapon, armor and player homes. Quests and factions have been a bit of a mixed bag. I've got the Helgen Reborn mod on it right now, and the guy who sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger is really getting on my tits.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2015, 04:16 PM
(23-03-2015 03:57 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 11:56 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I disagree. Mods can change lot of things to the better. First of all are all the bugfixes. SkyUI makes the interface a lot easier and better to navigate. And if you're dealing with mods that doesn't work, I think you better be more thinking over what you're downloading. The ones that have been put work into aren't buggy whatsoever. And the crappy or no voiceacting one is another thing you need to look for to get right. Try Wyrmstooth.

I think its the fact you can't smoothly vary movement speed with keys. With an analogue joystick, you can push it full forward for full speed, or half way to move slower, the same for looking around. In Skyrim you can press shift or capslock to slow yourself down, but I invariably ended up getting the two confused.

For some reason I just can't get used to using a mouse to look/aim, I find it either too sensitive, or not sensitive enough, but never quite right. Maybe I'll get back into it, because I used to play a lot of PC first person shooters, and always used mouse and keyboard for those.

I don't have a PS3 so I can't really comment on how Skyrim runs on it. On the 360 I've never had any real trouble, always found it very smooth and enjoyable. The only problem I used to get was the game freezing on autosave, which I disabled.

Best mods I've used so far have mainly been weapon, armor and player homes. Quests and factions have been a bit of a mixed bag. I've got the Helgen Reborn mod on it right now, and the guy who sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger is really getting on my tits.

The Xbox was always the better port. I guess the fact that it was a Microsoft design made it easier to port the game. Pretty much every Beth' game on PS3 is a stuttering mess, or atleast their engines. Fallout 3 and NV runs like shit, and it carried over to Skyrim with a crappy framerate, long loading screens, but a fairly decent 720p medium to high FX quality.

And I know of which guy you're talking about in Helgen Reborn, he was annoying. The NPC's in Reborn were pretty shit regardless, with a confusing dialouge system. What sucks most with Reborn, and a word of advice (or as written on their nexus page; you MUST uninstall that mod before starting a new game. Otherwise the intro cutscene is simply just you and the rest of the imperal posse just sitting there with the carriges not moving.

Of all the mods you need, get this one, probably the best out there IMO http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36334/?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post