Skyrim - things that annoy me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2012, 11:44 AM
RE: Skyrim - things that annoy me
It takes that guy a long time to open that door. You probably do have a glitch though if the subtitles go by really fast. Maybe reload to a previous save and try it out?

As for things in Skyrim that annoy me, my teammates do get in the way often, but you can tell them explicitly to get out of the way through commands, push on them till they complain, or walk backwards a bit to get them to move some. My biggest gripe has to do with teammates getting stuck on things. I was out near the ocean and my teammate refused to go in the water. Another teammate was stuck on the seating at some auditorium like place in a dungeon. And there is also that Labyrinth where if you don't tell your teammate to wait outside, they'll get stuck in the Labyrinth forever.

A good solution to everything besides the Labyrinth thing is to just Shout them out the way.

My last gripe is the amount of times I've accidentally killed my teammates. My first decapitation was on Lydia. Should have seen my face when I reloaded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Doesn't always happen, but...

Arch-Mage's Robes + any of the dragon masks = invisible hooded head.

A few small exceptions aside, though, I've personally found Skyrim mostly problem-free in comparison to previous Elder Scrolls/Fallout titles. Dunno if I'm just one of the lucky ones, but that's how it's been for me, and it's been a game I've wasted an awful lot of time on since release.

"Well, the Bible does say God helps those who help themselves."
"Nah, it doesn’t, actually – that’s from one of Aesop’s fables. The Bible says quite the opposite, in fact – many passages of being patient and faithful, and waiting for the Lord to decide if he wishes to assist."
25-01-2012, 04:49 AM
Uuuu, I disagree, for my Skyrim is much buggier than Oblivion and Morrowind were. I noticed that if I have a mage companion, my game seems to freeze every now and then when that mage companion want to show some cool spells to some bandits. So that means I can't take the priestess of Azura with me and I made her Deadra Legendary armor with all sorts of Destruction and Magicka enchantments... Sooo saaad...

I do not remember any problems with Oblivion and Morrowind. Morrowind is still my favorite of these 3. The things that annoy me here is that I can become an ARCH-MAGE without having a single spell, while in Morrowind you had requirements in skills to be able to proceed in the ranks of some fraction, so to be an Arch-mage there you needed to have all sorts of magic skills, high level, or else you could not get promoted in that guild. Much better system, much more realistic. They have oversimplified a lot of things, making this game much more suitable for modern kids that just want to be able to jump from one quest to another. Of yeah, in Morrowind you had no "Fast travel" on map, if you wanted to go somewhere, you had to walk all the way there. You had some public transportation in some cities, but you would mostly just walk around for hours. And I think that Morrowind had the biggest map, but it came on only one CD, 700 MB game with the biggest map I ever had an opportunity to walk on.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Okay, new one:

When aiming the bow - for precision shots, the aiming reticule is completely illogical.

Fir instance, gravity SHOULD affect the arrows... and it does, when you're not zoomed in. When you're zoomed in, you can have the friggin' center of the dot on their forehead but gravity decides to go all wonky and pulls the arrow over their head. You have to aim LOW instead of HIGH to counter act gravity... wtf?

Also, when zooming in and making a running shot... apparently, the world starts spinning faster and gravity causes the arrow to fly far left or far right of where you're aiming... even at close range.

Little things like this make me rage.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-01-2012, 09:06 AM
My only real gripe so far is that I hate being overloaded.
I understand of course that they can't just let you carry everything but I want to. If only I could become super strong.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2012, 09:12 AM
(30-01-2012 09:06 AM)lucradis Wrote:  My only real gripe so far is that I hate being overloaded.
I understand of course that they can't just let you carry everything but I want to. If only I could become super strong.

What are you? Warrior? Mage? Archer?

30-01-2012, 10:34 AM
I dual wield. I use one handed sword and magic In the other like a champ.
Due to overwhelming choice and eagerness to just get in the game I chose the basic nord as my character.
I'd like to say that I'll play it through numerous times in a myriad of ways but I won't. Too old now. Too many other interests not to mention my wife and kid.
It's too bad really because I like this setting so much better than oblivions. Makes me want to watch the 13th warrior again.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
30-01-2012, 11:01 AM
(30-01-2012 10:34 AM)lucradis Wrote:  I dual wield. I use one handed sword and magic In the other like a champ.
Due to overwhelming choice and eagerness to just get in the game I chose the basic nord as my character.
I'd like to say that I'll play it through numerous times in a myriad of ways but I won't. Too old now. Too many other interests not to mention my wife and kid.
It's too bad really because I like this setting so much better than oblivions. Makes me want to watch the 13th warrior again.

Yeah... health and magic are going to be needed for your build. Stamina will have to take a back seat. I can almost one shot anything now with my archer.

30-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Fun fact. If you're over-encumbered you can still fast travel on a horse.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
30-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Ah I didn't know that, it makes sense though really. I haven't even ridden a horse yet hahah. I don't want to steal one and there aren't many ranches handy.
It's funny actually because when I played oblivion I had such a hard time gettin into it I just ended up killing everything around and stealing whatever I wanted. For some reason I have this mental theft barrier in tis game that won't let me steal. I think it's KC and his religious. Morality rubbing off on me. I need some of my atheistic devil may care to return.