26-02-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: Skyrim tips pls.
Level 21... Laughat

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2013, 04:51 PM
I got to level 80 with all legit stuff except speech craft, I exploited for that. Mostly mage with some archery.
Find all posts by this user
26-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Hah, you're more dedicated than I am. I got bored with leveling by around low-mid 70s. Much more fun (for me) to start a new character than to redesign an existing one for a bit more leveling. Although, it was a fun challenge to take my level 50ish hero who had all his casting skills still in the teens or low 20s and whip up some caster dragonscale, caster jewelry, and run off to level up his newbie spellcasting against endgame-level bad guys. Gut my butt handed to me on a platter way more times than I want to admit...

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
26-02-2013, 05:34 PM
I did make one other character that focused on heavy armor and all melee skills(no ranged). Having no ranged puts a fun spin on it. Pretty much stopped leveling around 50, wasn't too worried about it with him.
26-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Skyrim tips pls.
Got so burned out after trying to level about 6 different character types. Reached 47 with my pure mage but then hit a wall when all 5 magic skills hit 100. Started summoning bows and trying for stealth shots with it to level archery/sneak at the same time. But boy when you're up against enemies scaled for level 47 when your archery is only 20 that's a painful process.

Also, while one may be able to cast infinite blizzard/fire storm spells with the right gear, keep in mind none of the top tier destruction spells take advantage of the Impact perk. Continuous Icy Spears/Thunder Bolts will be much more effective, especially against dragons.

But I'm not even playing it right now. I think I played it too much recently. Need a break. Too bad too since Dragonborn DLC only just became available on Steam. Some day...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
26-02-2013, 06:51 PM
AW: Skyrim tips pls.
Pickpocket everyone. Yes

I'm level 83 with 140 hours playtime. I've done everything there is to do so the game is pretty much boring at this point.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
26-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Level 24 now. Smile

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
26-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Another thing that would help leveling would be to do some of the crafting skills(making shit: potions,armor/weapons,enchants).
27-02-2013, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 12:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I made it to level 80, then started over again. Playing on PC, love the command console.

player.advskill twohanded 1000000

Two Handed is now at level 100, rinse and repeat for all skills. Start the game off at Lv81, adjust all of your level up bonuses (I usually go with 200 Magika, 600 Health, 500 Stamina for a Nord warrior build), and roll out. Assign your Perks as needed, just enough to get you going. I have a mod that auto levels the staged Perks (like all of the intro +20% perks for weapons/armor perks) and a mod that allows you to convert Dragon Souls into extra Perks.

Now the challenge is exploration, getting new shouts, building up my armory, and combat. My progression is limited to my gear and the number of dragons I can kill. I'm happy, it's fun a challenging. But I no longer have to worry about leveling up, as I have a fairly stable foundation to achieve said goals.

My current build is a Nord tank, built around One Handed, Heavy Armor, Block, and Archery. Forged a new set of (Legendary) Nordic Carved Armor from the Dragonborn DLC, because it looks cool as hell (it has a bear helmet, a fucking BEAR HELMET). I can't Sneak to save my life, or cast any spells worth a damn; but that makes every fight a stand up affair and a constant balancing act to keep my Stamina up. If you haven't played a shield fighter, you don't know how fun it is to charge at the target with your shield up and knock their asses clear across the room. Lots of fun, and I didn't have to waste another 50 hours to get that far into the skill tree to find out.

[Image: 600px-DB-item-Nordic_Carved_Armor_Male.jpg]

This is not my character, just the image for the Nordic Carved Armor entry on the Unofficial Elder Scroll Pages. Like I said, fucking BEAR HELMET.

[Image: DB-icon-armor-Nordic_Carved_Helmet.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-02-2013, 09:37 AM
What class are you playing link?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]