Skyrim tips pls.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Skyrim tips pls.
That's funny, EvolutionKills, I use the same mods (auto-improving the intro perks and dragon souls converted to perks) but I didn't even use any mods until after I beat the game a few times normally. I always play all games plain-vanilla until I start to get tired of it, then when I am about ready to move on to a new game, that's when i start applying mods - it is almost like having a new game at that point.

As for using the console cheats, I don't bother. I prefer to play the game, with the mechanics, rather than circumvent the mechanics. I have used the console to fix a few bugs, for example, the quest to get the blood from every type of elf got stuck, I didn't have all the types yet but when I killed elves of the types I didn't yet have, it never gave me the option to get their blood - I googled the console command to bypass that step of the quest to get it unstuck. I've also used the console commands to remove undroppable items from my inventory (just another great Bethesda set of bugs, start a quest, get an item you cannot drop because it's required for the quest, finish the quest, but you still have the item and cannot put it down anywhere or sell it). And I've used them to bring a quest-required bad guy out from stuck in the floor - the game lost his Z axis and I could target him but not hit him through the floor and couldn't finish his quest, so I "summoned" him to me with a console command.

Bugs, bugs, bugs.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I'd probably say that I'm a mix between a warrior and a thief.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Hmm if you were playing as a tank or battle mage I may have had some tips.
15-03-2013, 01:20 PM
I started Skyrim again a couple of weeks ago. My Wood Elf is level 40. Archery and Enchanting just fly up but getting Smithing to 100 was bitch!

One thing I did was buy all the ingots, leather and soul gems I could and then craft and enchant as much armour as possible. Having a high Smithing skill is awesome. I got all legendary Dragonscale armour and legendary Daedric weaponry.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
15-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Skyrim tips pls.
(15-03-2013 01:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I started Skyrim again a couple of weeks ago. My Wood Elf is level 40. Archery and Enchanting just fly up but getting Smithing to 100 was bitch!

One thing I did was buy all the ingots, leather and soul gems I could and then craft and enchant as much armour as possible. Having a high Smithing skill is awesome. I got all legendary Dragonscale armour and legendary Daedric weaponry.

Daedric weaponry > Dragonbone weaponry?? Can you tell I've never wielded either?
15-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I never made much daedric. Finding enough hearts was a pain, especially if you give them away to that blacksmith who wants them too. I wish there were more daedra to fight.

There are a couple fun mods to look for, if you're into that. I hate mods that put the game on easy mode, so my preference is mods that add cool new rules or enhance existing ones without breaking game balance.

One that I found lets your Blacksmithing skill go up, slowly, when you mine. Swing that pickaxe, you get a bit of skill from it. Cuts down a bit on time spent at the forge. Another one lets me break down unenchanted gear into its original ore - just throw those non-magical elven boots into a smelter and pull out a quicksilver ingot. This one lets me put junk items to better use than simply selling them for cash I will never spend. Those two mods eliminate some of the boredom of standing at the forge all day.

I never did find a good one for enchanting but it's not as bad as smithing anyway. One fun one allows a left-hand ring so you can wear two rings. This does break the balance a bit since it ultimately lets you put a couple extra total enchantments running on you than the game is balanced for.

Oh, and don't forget to wear 4 items with +25% Blacksmithing when you improve your weapons and armor, to get the maximum protection and damage. And also wear +Enchanting items when you enchant them, for the same reason.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
15-03-2013, 03:08 PM
(27-02-2013 12:19 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I'd probably say that I'm a mix between a warrior and a thief.
Cheating tip. Go to WhiteRun then head east. Cross the river and head north till you get to the Ritual Stone. Kill the first troll but don't let the second die. Save often. Works best with Kynes peace. Fight troll, shout, rest, repeat. Thumbsup

Just an outsider looking inn.
15-03-2013, 03:10 PM
What's the point of your tip? What does it do? Are you just killing trolls?

And can you - figuratively - kill a few of the trolls around here? And by "figuratively", I mean, just make them go away, kill their desire to troll here?

15-03-2013, 03:11 PM
(15-03-2013 03:08 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 12:19 PM)legendoflink Wrote:  I'd probably say that I'm a mix between a warrior and a thief.
Cheating tip. Go to WhiteRun then head east. Cross the river and head north till you get to the Ritual Stone. Kill the first troll but don't let the second die. Save often. Works best with Kynes peace. Fight troll, shout, rest, repeat. Thumbsup
Sorry left out an important detail. there is a cave north northwest of that ritual stone. That's where the trolls are. Also, don't actually go to the ritual stone unless you think you can manage a necromancer and some skeletons. Just use the marker on your compass to find the cave. Which should also appear on your compass.

Just an outsider looking inn.
15-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Still, what's the point?