Slacklining

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: Slacklining
(05-05-2017 01:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I think this is exactly what I am looking for. I'm recovering from my first attack of MS and had to relearn how to walk and hold a knife and fork. I realised that I couldn't just work at getting some of my functionality back, I needed to work at getting better than I was before otherwise I lose functionality with each attack. I also realised that I needed a broad range of physical skills which I could use to gauge exactly how off I was. I have taking up Tai Chi for example. I remember seeing a tightrope for sale once a few years ago and considered buying it, but I didn't know about slacklining until this thread. Shame it's so windy in Scotland.
Some gyms have them indoors, or at least should have the necessary equipment to rig one up. I think they're popular at indoor rock climbing places.
I'd suggest putting down the fork and knife before trying this one, though Thumbsup

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
05-05-2017, 07:07 PM
RE: Slacklining
(05-05-2017 03:50 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 01:34 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I think this is exactly what I am looking for. I'm recovering from my first attack of MS and had to relearn how to walk and hold a knife and fork. I realised that I couldn't just work at getting some of my functionality back, I needed to work at getting better than I was before otherwise I lose functionality with each attack. I also realised that I needed a broad range of physical skills which I could use to gauge exactly how off I was. I have taking up Tai Chi for example. I remember seeing a tightrope for sale once a few years ago and considered buying it, but I didn't know about slacklining until this thread. Shame it's so windy in Scotland.
Some gyms have them indoors, or at least should have the necessary equipment to rig one up. I think they're popular at indoor rock climbing places.
I'd suggest putting down the fork and knife before trying this one, though Thumbsup

Good point about checking out the gyms. I can totally see them having something like this there. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply