Slamming my head against a table

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Slamming my head against a table
My mom's car broke down today, and it'll be a week before it's fixed. She's a single mother and every day of work she misses hurts us a lot. It also means I'll be late getting a lot of my school supplies, I still have to pay for my graduation pictures, and the school always starts the year off with a bunch of necessary, annoying fees. My mom also has to buy a lot for my little sister and I can tell she's stressed (Again, wishing I had a job so I could buy what I need for myself and pitch in for my sister too to help my mom out. My father-like-figure is offering to help out though.)

However, something my mom said earlier really bothered me and pissed me off. She kept complaining that her life would be so much easier without kids. She even said something about adoption. Wow. All I could really say was a sarcastic "Thanks." and I pointed out to her that she literally sounded like she didn't want us. Then she got all defensive and starts screaming at me "If you leave you're a runaway" blah blah blah. I never said anything about running away. She said "If we found somebody to adopt you that'd be helpful" and I replied "So you're saying you don't even want us."

Man if this is just typical-parenting-stress, it's still a little uncalled for and hurtful.

Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Slamming my head against a table
(31-07-2013 05:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  My mom's car broke down today, and it'll be a week before it's fixed. She's a single mother and every day of work she misses hurts us a lot. It also means I'll be late getting a lot of my school supplies, I still have to pay for my graduation pictures, and the school always starts the year off with a bunch of necessary, annoying fees. My mom also has to buy a lot for my little sister and I can tell she's stressed (Again, wishing I had a job so I could buy what I need for myself and pitch in for my sister too to help my mom out. My father-like-figure is offering to help out though.)

However, something my mom said earlier really bothered me and pissed me off. She kept complaining that her life would be so much easier without kids. She even said something about adoption. Wow. All I could really say was a sarcastic "Thanks." and I pointed out to her that she literally sounded like she didn't want us. Then she got all defensive and starts screaming at me "If you leave you're a runaway" blah blah blah. I never said anything about running away. She said "If we found somebody to adopt you that'd be helpful" and I replied "So you're saying you don't even want us."

Man if this is just typical-parenting-stress, it's still a little uncalled for and hurtful.

Dodgy

Well, at least you got someone to help out. :/ I do think your mother is acting awful weird. Well, if push comes to shove, I can pull some strings and get Hugshie to adopt you. Smile

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
31-07-2013, 05:27 PM
(31-07-2013 05:23 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I can pull some strings and get Hugshie to adopt you. Smile

No thanks, he lives with his parents anyways. It'd be too weird No
31-07-2013, 05:29 PM
(31-07-2013 05:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  No thanks, he lives with his parents anyways. It'd be too weird No

How about my adopting you? I will be out of my parent's house in about one month. Big Grin

Or I could get Hobbitgirl to adopt you. Smile

31-07-2013, 05:30 PM
(31-07-2013 05:23 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Well, at least you got someone to help out. :/ I do think your mother is acting awful weird. Well, if push comes to shove, I can pull some strings and get Hugshie to adopt you. Smile

If you want a favour Logica then it may help if you start calling me Hughsie and not Hugshie. Wink

Ferdy, I don't think your mum should talk to you like that but people say things they don't mean and wouldn't normally say when they are stressed. Hopefully things will be fine again soon.

I would hope you know this by now but if you ever need someone to talk to/vent to/anything else, I'm only a message or a call away. Hug

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-07-2013, 05:31 PM
(31-07-2013 05:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  My mom's car broke down today, and it'll be a week before it's fixed. She's a single mother and every day of work she misses hurts us a lot. It also means I'll be late getting a lot of my school supplies, I still have to pay for my graduation pictures, and the school always starts the year off with a bunch of necessary, annoying fees. My mom also has to buy a lot for my little sister and I can tell she's stressed (Again, wishing I had a job so I could buy what I need for myself and pitch in for my sister too to help my mom out. My father-like-figure is offering to help out though.)

Dodgy

No honey it's being passive agreesive. I don't know your mom so I can't make a judgment. We parents often say things we shouldn't -- just out of general frustration or feeling hopeless. We become stuck and it's like we can't move (it's never just flight or fight -- sometimes its just stay in place).

And sometimes we even make grave errors because we just don't want drama and by drama I don't mean kids or things like that -- more like the life drama in general. We like it when things just chug along...the potholes of parenthood just suck.

There are also things about being a parent (good or bad) that you just can't fathom until you are one. I know I saw a lot one way when I was like 18 and younger that today I do see a whole lot differently. There are things that have taken me a lifetime to realize.

I wish I was there -- I'd take you shopping.

Hug

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
31-07-2013, 05:33 PM
(31-07-2013 05:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 05:23 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Well, at least you got someone to help out. :/ I do think your mother is acting awful weird. Well, if push comes to shove, I can pull some strings and get Hugshie to adopt you. Smile

If you want a favour Logica then it may help if you start calling me Hughsie and not Hugshie. Wink

Honest typo, brosef. Thumbsup

31-07-2013, 05:43 PM
(31-07-2013 05:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If you want a favour Logica then it may help if you start calling me Hughsie and not Hugshie. Wink

Ferdy, I don't think your mum should talk to you like that but people say things they don't mean and wouldn't normally say when they are stressed. Hopefully things will be fine again soon.

I would hope you know this by now but if you ever need someone to talk to/vent to/anything else, I'm only a message or a call away. Hug

Ily Hugshie. Skype tonight if you're free and mentally prepared for my venting.

(31-07-2013 05:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No honey it's being passive aggressive. I don't know your mom so I can't make a judgment. We parents often say things we shouldn't -- just out of general frustration or feeling hopeless. We become stuck and it's like we can't move (it's never just flight or fight -- sometimes its just stay in place).

And sometimes we even make grave errors because we just don't want drama and by drama I don't mean kids or things like that -- more like the life drama in general. We like it when things just chug along...the potholes of parenthood just suck.

There are also things about being a parent (good or bad) that you just can't fathom until you are one. I know I saw a lot one way when I was like 18 and younger that today I do see a whole lot differently. There are things that have taken me a lifetime to realize.

I wish I was there -- I'd take you shopping.

Hug

My mom is very passive aggressive and seemingly bipolar at times too. I find myself having to tiptoe around her and ignore all of the uncalled for things she says out of stress, even when they're being spit directly in my face. She complains about us being here, and then turns around and confides that she's not looking forward to me moving out at any soon time. She kicked me out of the house around January, put my things in white trash bags and threw them outside in the yard. My father-figure picked me up and I stayed with a friend for about a month. My mom continuously texted me threats for weeks, reporting me as a runaway (but she didn't know where I was staying at the time) then one day shows up at my school with an officer cry, pulls me out of class and apologizes to me. After that I moved back in, but she was still disrespectful. She'd ripped belongings of mine apart and threw away things that meant a lot to me. Her reactions make me afraid to ask questions, and one day, whether it be in months of years, I'll have to make the decision to move out, and I fear her reaction. If I take a year off before college to find a job and work up for a car, I'll probably be "living" at home- the reality of me actually staying there is slight, but I mean legally living. To go to college, I'll need a car, but I won't have one after high school because I have to buy one myself. But she makes it so frustrating to even find a job, I don't know how I'm supposed to do anything myself if she's 1) not going to help me at all and 2) going to criticize and react horrifyingly to everything.
31-07-2013, 05:52 PM
(31-07-2013 05:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ily Hugshie.

I may have inadvertently started a new running joke, Hugshie... GODDAMNIT!

Yes, hope your father-figure lightens the load a bit for you. Undecided

31-07-2013, 05:54 PM
(31-07-2013 05:52 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(31-07-2013 05:43 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Ily Hugshie.

I may have inadvertently started a new running joke, Hugshie... GODDAMNIT!

Yes, hope your father-figure lightens the load a bit for you. Undecided

Ah, he tries. And it helps. I appreciate it a lot.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post