Slavery Debate with Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2016, 09:50 PM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(23-09-2016 04:40 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 04:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Slavery being socially acceptable does explain why it isn't condemned in the OT to some extent, but that doesn't refute the commands of the Christ, which in upholding, one would not have the capacity to own the life of another.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

So god didnt interfere because it was "socially acceptable"? Doesnt sound onmipotent to me.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 09:58 PM
(23-09-2016 09:50 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  So god knew that I was going to burn for all eternity, before he even created the universe, because I am totally incapable of believing his bullshit. I would have been better off not being born. Thanks a lot god. Asshole.
No. The term hell was translated wrong in most cases. Eternal torment is a misrepresentation. Destruction is eternal, punishment isn't. And all will be judged by works.

Peace

23-09-2016, 10:00 PM
(23-09-2016 09:58 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 09:11 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Though I was free to do my own will throughout my life, that in no way means that GOD didn't foreknow my choices even before my very conception.

If god knows now (and always knew) that you will think of the number "9" in 5minutes, then please try to have free thought and think of another number in 5minutes.
I didn't say we had utterly free will. And also; though one may be of a certain mind set at any given moment, that isn't to say that they are set to have that same mind set for the extent of their life.

23-09-2016, 10:09 PM
Impulse,

The traditional concept of hell is up for misrepresentation and faulty interpretation as well.

And the law... It is written on the hearts of each and every one of us, if we so choose to hear it. It isn't up for interpretation. You will be judged against what YOU know to be right, not what some erroneous, prideful, greedy man deems fit by his own manipulation and selfish motives.

In man's pride and greed lies their own misdirection, leading the masses astray from that holy righteous path and way. These are those who will face the most terrible of punishment. Not the ignorant, but the knowing manipulator.

Peace friend, speaking to you is a nice change of pace.

Me speaking of misdirection pride greed and manipulation was a reference to those traditional denominations full of vanity, and in no way was meant towards you, or insinuated.

23-09-2016, 10:12 PM
(23-09-2016 10:16 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 07:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The law is written on the hearts of men through the selfless conscience. The wasn't removed or changed except in the way we receive it. And really I doubt that has changed as that would mean that the ancient Jewish had no conscience rather than just didn't use it.

That is meaningless babble. You are not talking about anything that is demonstrably true; it's all just made-up nonsense.

Quote:I stand by my explanation that literally meaning or interpretation was and is wrong. This isn't cherry picking. It is verified in the OT, the NT, the conscience, and other core scriptures of the religious.
By core scriptures I mean those which are core to religion which other writings stemmed from. As if every book ever written on the subject matter is right.

Not using others own studies or conclusions to build my own isn't cherry picking no matter how many times you say it is.

Peace
(23-09-2016 07:53 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't have all the answers.

(23-09-2016 08:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pharaoh wasn't forced to comply at all.

The text is quite clear that the god was controlling Pharoah to prevent him from capitulating before the show was over. It's a good thing that there's no evidence that any of that actually happened since it makes the god character out to be a real jackass.

23-09-2016, 10:13 PM
(23-09-2016 12:05 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 08:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Pharaoh wasn't forced to comply at all.

Oh, so when god "hardened Pharaoh's heart" and he subsequently did the exact opposite of what he was going to, that was what? How the fuck do you spin that as anything other than your god directly dicking around with someones vaunted free-will for his own ends?

You know, besides acknowledging that the who story is bogus mythology?
Did the opposite of what he was going to do?

Explain please.

Thanks

23-09-2016, 10:15 PM
(23-09-2016 02:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed the perspective of the Pharisees is spoken against by the Christ throughout the nt

But the written law is upheld at all times by JC, all that Moses and the Prophets, all that God-ordained genocide *and* indeed slavery. So JC was clearly not in opposition to it and in fact very clearly said that he was all for it.

You're determined to wear your insufferably rosy view of Christianity to the end but it is in truth a crap religion with no claim to teach decent ethics. Get over it.
The law is to be upheld, though it never was by the Jew.

23-09-2016, 10:16 PM
(23-09-2016 02:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 07:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Indeed the perspective of the Pharisees is spoken against by the Christ throughout the nt

But the written law is upheld at all times by JC, all that Moses and the Prophets, all that God-ordained genocide *and* indeed slavery. So JC was clearly not in opposition to it and in fact very clearly said that he was all for it.

You're determined to wear your insufferably rosy view of Christianity to the end but it is in truth a crap religion with no claim to teach decent ethics. Get over it.
Jesus the Christ was very much in opposition to the manipulation of the law that had taken place... Read the book

23-09-2016, 10:33 PM
(23-09-2016 10:16 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 02:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  But the written law is upheld at all times by JC, all that Moses and the Prophets, all that God-ordained genocide *and* indeed slavery. So JC was clearly not in opposition to it and in fact very clearly said that he was all for it.

Jesus the Christ was very much in opposition to the manipulation of the law that had taken place... Read the book

Been there, done that. Scholars with far more education than either of us, and entire fields of experts, came to a consensus about the books. They show clear evidence of being edited, manipulated, and re-written over and over again for political gain; not including all of the mistranslations and errors in copying that have inserted other mistakes. If there ever was an original and unaltered version of The Law, we'll never be able to work our way back to it. There are more changes between different copies of the manuscripts we have, than there are total words in the Bible itself.

But I'm sure you've managed to suss out the one correct interpretation, right? You and every other religious zealot throughout time, you fucking poser.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-09-2016, 10:33 PM
(23-09-2016 10:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 09:58 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  If god knows now (and always knew) that you will think of the number "9" in 5minutes, then please try to have free thought and think of another number in 5minutes.
I didn't say we had utterly free will.

Yes, you did!
Quote:Though I was free to do my own will throughout my life

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse