Slavery Debate with Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2016, 04:28 AM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(27-09-2016 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 07:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Abraham, Enoch, Jesus of Nazareth, and Job. Though there are more, their names elude me at this time. There is no difference between them though and no distinction is needed either as they are all singly, and wholly of GOD.

How do you know that?
Yes; that in particular is only from scriptural sources. I do not know it to be true from any other means. I going off of scripture alone on that particular subject.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2016, 05:14 AM
(27-09-2016 04:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  How do you know that?
Yes; that in particular is only from scriptural sources. I do not know it to be true from any other means. I going off of scripture alone on that particular subject.

I asked you how you know that these scriptures were inspired by God and your answer is "by reading scripture". Well fuck. I'm inspired by God then and I tell you that you need to learn some critical thinking skills. You can tell that I'm inspired by God because *it's written right there in my post*. Facepalm

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
27-09-2016, 05:46 AM
(27-09-2016 05:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 04:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yes; that in particular is only from scriptural sources. I do not know it to be true from any other means. I going off of scripture alone on that particular subject.

I asked you how you know that these scriptures were inspired by God and your answer is "by reading scripture". Well fuck. I'm inspired by God then and I tell you that you need to learn some critical thinking skills. You can tell that I'm inspired by God because *it's written right there in my post*. Facepalm
No you asked how I knew that those I named were rightly guided, knowing beforehand what my answer would be.

I admitted that I knew of them due to scripture alone, knowing your intention was to accuse me of circular logic.

Peace

27-09-2016, 06:00 AM
(26-09-2016 08:29 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have made nothing up.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-09-2016, 06:14 AM
(27-09-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No you asked how I knew that those I named were rightly guided, knowing beforehand what my answer would be.

I admitted that I knew of them due to scripture alone, knowing your intention was to accuse me of circular logic.

I didn't know what your answer would be, that's why I fucken *asked* you. And it *is* circular logic you nitwit. Even if the big bad atheist forced you to admit it.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-09-2016, 06:26 AM
(27-09-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 05:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  I asked you how you know that these scriptures were inspired by God and your answer is "by reading scripture". Well fuck. I'm inspired by God then and I tell you that you need to learn some critical thinking skills. You can tell that I'm inspired by God because *it's written right there in my post*. Facepalm
No you asked how I knew that those I named were rightly guided, knowing beforehand what my answer would be.

Peace

So why do you persist in using circular logic? Are you even aware that this is an error in thinking? Do you even care?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-09-2016, 06:29 AM
(27-09-2016 06:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-09-2016 05:46 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No you asked how I knew that those I named were rightly guided, knowing beforehand what my answer would be.

I didn't know what your answer would be, that's why I fucken *asked* you. And it *is* circular logic you nitwit. Even if the big bad atheist forced you to admit it.
Stating the names of those said to have been rightly guided within scripture isn't circular logic... It is simply a statement.

And please; I'm not your typical, indoctrinated at childhood, believer; I don't perceive you to be big or bad. Oddly enough, yet not really, I see you as an equal or even one with more potential than myself, and not a danger or threat to self or life as a whole, ultimately.

Peace

27-09-2016, 06:38 AM
(27-09-2016 06:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Stating the names of those said to have been rightly guided within scripture isn't circular logic... It is simply a statement.

An arc is not a circle, but it is a necessary component.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
27-09-2016, 06:39 AM
(27-09-2016 06:29 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Stating the names of those said to have been rightly guided within scripture isn't circular logic... It is simply a statement.

You said that those particular scriptures were rightly guided. I asked you how you knew. You said that it said so in scripture. You made a statement that these people/books *were* rightly guided.

Popsicle: The following are rightly guided: X, Y, Z books of the bible.
Dog: How do you know?
Popsicle: It says so in the Bible.
Dog: That's circular.
Popsicle: No, I just said that it said so in the Bible.

Other books like Genesis and Exodus which inconveniently for you mention lots of killing, are also part of the Bible. Universally acknowledged as important books. Yet you've tried to claim that all the nasty bits are due to human error. HOW DO YOU TELL? Do you have a magic ability to decide which scriptures are of God and which are human error?

[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
27-09-2016, 10:33 AM
(27-09-2016 06:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  

You said that those particular scriptures were rightly guided. I asked you how you knew. You said that it said so in scripture. You made a statement that these people/books *were* rightly guided.

Popsicle: The following are rightly guided: X, Y, Z books of the bible.
Dog: How do you know?
Popsicle: It says so in the Bible.
Dog: That's circular.
Popsicle: No, I just said that it said so in the Bible.

Other books like Genesis and Exodus which inconveniently for you mention lots of killing, are also part of the Bible. Universally acknowledged as important books. Yet you've tried to claim that all the nasty bits are due to human error. HOW DO YOU TELL? Do you have a magic ability to decide which scriptures are of God and which are human error?
Wow, what scripture did I say was wholly rightly guided? None.

And the question pertained to what men had been rightly guided.