Slavery Debate with Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(02-10-2016 12:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 10:57 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What you would find if you ever chose to actually read what I have written without your own bias, is that it isn't a part of a singular book, but very nearly the whole of all of them I have read thus far. If that alone is yet refutable, then when coupled with the fact that it wholly coincides with what I know on an inner most level to be true via the selfless conscience and actual revelation makes it even more irritable.

Translation: I pick and choose the bits of what I read based on how well they agree with what I already believe. I ignore anything that doesn't match up with what I want it to say.

(02-10-2016 10:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You seem to limit reality to the readily observable and explainable, yet we all know that reality is in no way limited to our man made definitions or explanations.

We are not talking about the limits of our explanations; we are talking about what is reasonable to believe and that requires evidence. You have none. You do not deal in reality, you deal in fantasy.

(02-10-2016 11:00 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Prove your claim.

Link a cognitive function test or logical capacities test of some sort.

The evidence is freely available by reviewing your posting history and is quite compelling. You need professional help.

Now provide evidence for any of your inane claims about the nature of this god of yours.
I have.
You refuse to accept them as any sort of evidence what so ever. Quite closed minded of you.

At least I don't go around claiming nature proves there is no GOD, or evolution, or science or any other thing.

If your position is that you do not know then why claim that all things I have ever spoken are nonsense.

You don't know, remember, therefore how can you claim that you know that I am not right?

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
(02-10-2016 01:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 12:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Now provide evidence for any of your inane claims about the nature of this god of yours.
I have.
You refuse to accept them as any sort of evidence what so ever. Quite closed minded of you.

You have not. You have presented claims that you had some kind of experience. There is no way to independently verify those claims. You have claimed that you wrote down some stuff that was a new way of thinking for you. There is no way to reliably attribute the source even if I accepted your word for it. What you have provided is not evidence. That is not being closed-minded, it is simply having minimal standards which which you fail to even approach.

Quote:At least I don't go around claiming nature proves there is no GOD, or evolution, or science or any other thing.

Neither do I. I claim only that I see no good evidence to believe that there is a god. Evolution and science are red herrings.

Quote:If your position is that you do not know then why claim that all things I have ever spoken are nonsense.

Claims that are presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Your claims are not substantially different in quality from many others that do not agree with you (I refer you back to your "discussion" with pasadi97 as an example). I call them nonsense because investigation into these kinds of claims over the years has always turned up exactly nothing of substance; given that, and your inability to support your claims, the chances that your claims are, in fact, nonsense is sufficiently high in my opinion to apply that label. When you can demonstrate the truth of your claims the evidence will be evaluated. Until then you are just another wanna-be prophet.

Quote:You don't know, remember, therefore how can you claim that you know that I am not right?

It is not my fault that you are too dense to understand that the time to believe something is when the evidence supports it and not a moment before that. You have repeatedly asserted that you can't possibly prove your claims and that is all I need to consider you and your claims worthless.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
02-10-2016, 02:41 PM
(02-10-2016 02:35 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 01:52 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have.

You have not. You have presented claims that you had some kind of experience. There is no way to independently verify those claims. You have claimed that you wrote down some stuff that was a new way of thinking for you. There is no way to reliably attribute the source even if I accepted your word for it. What you have provided is not evidence. That is not being closed-minded, it is simply having minimal standards which which you fail to even approach.

Quote:At least I don't go around claiming nature proves there is no GOD, or evolution, or science or any other thing.

Neither do I. I claim only that I see no good evidence to believe that there is a god. Evolution and science are red herrings.

Quote:If your position is that you do not know then why claim that all things I have ever spoken are nonsense.

Claims that are presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Your claims are not substantially different in quality from many others that do not agree with you (I refer you back to your "discussion" with pasadi97 as an example). I call them nonsense because investigation into these kinds of claims over the years has always turned up exactly nothing of substance; given that, and your inability to support your claims, the chances that your claims are, in fact, nonsense is sufficiently high in my opinion to apply that label. When you can demonstrate the truth of your claims the evidence will be evaluated. Until then you are just another wanna-be prophet.

Quote:You don't know, remember, therefore how can you claim that you know that I am not right?

It is not my fault that you are too dense to understand that the time to believe something is when the evidence supports it and not a moment before that. You have repeatedly asserted that you can't possibly prove your claims and that is all I need to consider you and your claims worthless.
Regardless of if I though every word that came out of your mouth was the product of delusion I still wouldn't consider you worthless or the words you spoke to be nonsense.

Peace

02-10-2016, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2016 03:58 PM by unfogged.)
(02-10-2016 02:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Regardless of if I though every word that came out of your mouth was the product of delusion I still wouldn't consider you worthless or the words you spoke to be nonsense.

If you believed that every word I said was the product of delusion and did not consider those words to be worthless then you'd be foolish at best.

If you don't like your claims being called nonsense then you have three options as far as I can see:
a) provide evidence to support them
b) stop making them
c) find some other forum where people are more gullible than people here or are as delusional as you appear to be

Since you've already said that (a) is impossible for you I suggest you try options (b) and/or ( c ).

[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
02-10-2016, 03:58 PM
The larger question here, is not really slavery or not slavery.
The fact is, the cultural customs in the OT, "sanctioned" by religion, were *all* already in place, in the ancient Near East. The OT reflects nothing special or different than the general culture of the time. There is nothing different or unique in the OT than it's surrounding culture, and no reason to expect there would be.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-10-2016, 05:20 PM
(02-10-2016 03:31 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 02:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Regardless of if I though every word that came out of your mouth was the product of delusion I still wouldn't consider you worthless or the words you spoke to be nonsense.

If you believed that every word I said was the product of delusion and did not consider those words to be worthless then you'd be foolish at best.

If you don't like your claims being called nonsense then you have three options as far as I can see:
a) provide evidence to support them
b) stop making them
c) find some other forum where people are more gullible than people here or are as delusional as you appear to be

Since you've already said that (a) is impossible for you I suggest you try options (b) and/or ( c ).
Again; I give supporting evidence and supply general theories. You just act like they make no more sense than any other theists claims. But you and I both know that they do. What I have said in the past in most cases is that I cannot supply you with evidence that you will accept, and that each must find out for themselves for it to be of any real value to that person.

You can say what you want in regards to my opinion. I don't see either (b) or © as happening anytime soon, by my own will anyway. The same can't be said for (a).

Peace

02-10-2016, 05:45 PM
(02-10-2016 05:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again; I give supporting evidence and supply general theories.

You have given NOTHING that constitutes evidence for your beliefs. By "theories" I assume you mean conjectures since a scientific theory requires actual demonstrable, repeatable, testable evidence. Your conjectures are presented without evidence and are therefore dismissed without consideration.

Quote:You just act like they make no more sense than any other theists claims. But you and I both know that they do.

I certainly do NOT know that. Your claims are at least as vacuous as others.

Quote:What I have said in the past in most cases is that I cannot supply you with evidence that you will accept, and that each must find out for themselves for it to be of any real value to that person.

That's not how reality works. If something is true then it is true for all. Your personal, undemonstrable, untestable, unrepeatable experience is meaningless in determining what is actually true and the fact that you let it be convince you is telling.

Quote:You can say what you want in regards to my opinion. I don't see either (b) or © as happening anytime soon, by my own will anyway. The same can't be said for (a).

If you wish to continue being told that your claims appear to be nothing more than delusional ravings then you are choosing option (d) - rave on.

02-10-2016, 06:10 PM
(02-10-2016 05:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 05:20 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Again; I give supporting evidence and supply general theories.

You have given NOTHING that constitutes evidence for your beliefs. By "theories" I assume you mean conjectures since a scientific theory requires actual demonstrable, repeatable, testable evidence. Your conjectures are presented without evidence and are therefore dismissed without consideration.

Quote:You just act like they make no more sense than any other theists claims. But you and I both know that they do.

I certainly do NOT know that. Your claims are at least as vacuous as others.

Quote:What I have said in the past in most cases is that I cannot supply you with evidence that you will accept, and that each must find out for themselves for it to be of any real value to that person.

That's not how reality works. If something is true then it is true for all. Your personal, undemonstrable, untestable, unrepeatable experience is meaningless in determining what is actually true and the fact that you let it be convince you is telling.

Quote:You can say what you want in regards to my opinion. I don't see either (b) or © as happening anytime soon, by my own will anyway. The same can't be said for (a).

If you wish to continue being told that your claims appear to be nothing more than delusional ravings then you are choosing option (d) - rave on.
I cannot choose your words for you.

It will most likely be a combination of (a) and (d).

Carry on

Peace

02-10-2016, 06:15 PM
(02-10-2016 06:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It will most likely be a combination of (a) and (d).

Lots of (d) so far... still waiting on some (a)

02-10-2016, 06:53 PM
(02-10-2016 06:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 06:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It will most likely be a combination of (a) and (d).

Lots of (d) so far... still waiting on some (a)
Patience friend.