Slavery Debate with Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(02-10-2016 06:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 06:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Lots of (d) so far... still waiting on some (a)
Patience friend.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

We have exhibited patience. Now put up or shut up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2016, 12:40 AM
(02-10-2016 10:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(28-09-2016 11:47 PM)morondog Wrote:  What I'm enjoying is rubbing his nose in it Smile Sooner or later he's gonna have to admit in his own words that all this nonsense is his own wishful thinking and has no grounding in reality.
You seem to limit reality to the readily observable and explainable, yet we all know that reality is in no way limited to our man made definitions or explanations.

I await your demonstration of something that is not observable Smile Especially something deity shaped.

I also await your explanation for how you decide someone is rightly guided.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-10-2016, 03:06 AM
(03-10-2016 12:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 10:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You seem to limit reality to the readily observable and explainable, yet we all know that reality is in no way limited to our man made definitions or explanations.

Yabut, he already told us that he believes that which
Quote:wholly coincides with what I know on an inner most level to be true
and he pointed out that this is not cherry picking! Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
03-10-2016, 04:55 AM
(03-10-2016 12:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 10:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You seem to limit reality to the readily observable and explainable, yet we all know that reality is in no way limited to our man made definitions or explanations.

I await your demonstration of something that is not observable Smile Especially something deity shaped.

By their works or the things they do.

As far as allowing one to observe the unobservable...might be a little while yet

Peace

03-10-2016, 05:44 AM
(02-10-2016 06:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 06:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Lots of (d) so far... still waiting on some (a)
Patience friend.

We are not friends, but I suppose it's a step forward that you admit I'll have to wait for any actual evidence.

By the way, I'm still waiting for an example of scripture that is not "core scripture".

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
03-10-2016, 05:47 AM
(03-10-2016 04:55 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 12:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  I await your demonstration of something that is not observable Smile Especially something deity shaped.

By their works or the things they do.

According to your evaluation of whether what they do conforms to your interpretation of what is right... you must have bushels of cherries by now.

Quote:As far as allowing one to observe the unobservable...might be a little while yet

And yet you claim to have had contact with it despite being completely unable to demonstrate it in any way.

You need help. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
03-10-2016, 06:09 AM
(03-10-2016 05:44 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 06:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Patience friend.

We are not friends, but I suppose it's a step forward that you admit I'll have to wait for any actual evidence.

By the way, I'm still waiting for an example of scripture that is not "core scripture".
You still miss what I mean by that term core scripture.

Core as in the central most influential book or writing of a given religion.

Now; if what you mean to ask is how does one discern or rightly divide these writings. Well I've explained it, yet you throw it out as if garbage...

Selfless conscience, unbiased reading while consciously exhibiting utter truthfulness within self.

I know; nonsense.

If you think I am going to oust parts of writings for you; well,i cannot.

Similar to like you say; I'm not doing your work for you, and in this case, cannot.

Though I am your enemy, you are my friend. Like most things; you don't have to understand or accept it for it to be true for me. I'm sorry; I know you can barely even grasp such nonsensical ramblings....

Peace though

03-10-2016, 06:49 AM
(03-10-2016 06:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know you can barely even grasp such nonsensical ramblings....

It is nonsense Pops. Feel good crap. At least you've finally recognised it. It *is* garbage, not "as if" garbage.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-10-2016, 08:01 AM
(03-10-2016 06:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 06:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I know you can barely even grasp such nonsensical ramblings....

It is nonsense Pops. Feel good crap. At least you've finally recognised it. It *is* garbage, not "as if" garbage.
Again, your opinion is based on your animosity and bias towards religion or the faithful or God.

My opinion is backed by self truth, lack of bias and is backed by every book of the faithful and even some that aren't regarded as religious in the traditional sense.

Keep blindly asserting that it is just made up feel good crap while you wallow in self deceit and utter confusion.

Say the same until you are dead. I will do the same.

Peace

03-10-2016, 08:14 AM
(03-10-2016 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Keep blindly asserting that it is just made up feel good crap while you wallow in self deceit and utter confusion.

Say the same until you are dead. I will do the same.

So you can get pissed Big Grin

You know it's crap though. Scientific thought can be backed up with actual evidence. Experiment, theory etc. Yours can't. They are not equivalent world-views. You can try to be all post modernist about it but the fact remains that one way of looking at the world brought you the computer with which you are communicating, and one way brought you ... nothing very much. Guess which is which?

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post