Quote:My opinion is backed by self truth
Laugh out load

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
03-10-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(03-10-2016 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My opinion is backed by self truth, lack of bias ... Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2016, 10:55 AM
(03-10-2016 06:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You still miss what I mean by that term core scripture.

Core as in the central most influential book or writing of a given religion.

Because you have yet to provide any example of scripture that is not "core scripture". The more you post the less I think you understand what "scripture" means.

Quote:Now; if what you mean to ask is how does one discern or rightly divide these writings. Well I've explained it, yet you throw it out as if garbage...

Selfless conscience, unbiased reading while consciously exhibiting utter truthfulness within self.

I know; nonsense.

Yes, it is. You haven't defined what you mean by any of that. It's all new-age type speak that sounds flowery but has no substance.

Quote:If you think I am going to oust parts of writings for you; well,i cannot.

I have no cue what that is supposed to mean. Even for you it is gibberish.

Quote:Similar to like you say; I'm not doing your work for you, and in this case, cannot.

More gibberish

Quote:Though I am your enemy, you are my friend. Like most things; you don't have to understand or accept it for it to be true for me. I'm sorry; I know you can barely even grasp such nonsensical ramblings....

I did nt say you were my enemy. I do not live is such a black-and-white world. I have a great deal of pity for you because I do honestly think that you are disturbed and need professional help. That does not make you my enemy but it also does not make me your friend. Your use of the word cheapens the meaning

(03-10-2016 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My opinion is backed by self truth, lack of bias and is backed by every book of the faithful and even some that aren't regarded as religious in the traditional sense.

Now THAT is funny! "self-truth" is a meaningless phrase. Things that are true are not just true for one person. You have nothing but bias in how you read your scripture and now you've dropped "core scripture" for "every book of the faithful" which directly contradicts what you've said before.

You need help. Now.

Quote:Keep blindly asserting that it is just made up feel good crap while you wallow in self deceit and utter confusion.

Only one person here is blindly asserting feel good crap and is wallowing in delusion.

Quote:Say the same until you are dead. I will do the same.

The sad part is that you will never know how badly you wasted your life on this garbage.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-10-2016, 11:18 AM
(03-10-2016 08:14 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Keep blindly asserting that it is just made up feel good crap while you wallow in self deceit and utter confusion.

Say the same until you are dead. I will do the same.

So you can get pissed Big Grin

You know it's crap though. Scientific thought can be backed up with actual evidence. Experiment, theory etc. Yours can't. They are not equivalent world-views. You can try to be all post modernist about it but the fact remains that one way of looking at the world brought you the computer with which you are communicating, and one way brought you ... nothing very much. Guess which is which?
I wasn't angry.

What are you going on about?

As if I am against science and technology, or as if science and technology aren't ultimately of nature which is ultimately of GOD.

peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
03-10-2016, 11:36 AM
(03-10-2016 10:55 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 06:09 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You still miss what I mean by that term core scripture.

Core as in the central most influential book or writing of a given religion.

Because you have yet to provide any example of scripture that is not "core scripture". The more you post the less I think you understand what "scripture" means.

Quote:Now; if what you mean to ask is how does one discern or rightly divide these writings. Well I've explained it, yet you throw it out as if garbage...

Selfless conscience, unbiased reading while consciously exhibiting utter truthfulness within self.

I know; nonsense.

Yes, it is. You haven't defined what you mean by any of that. It's all new-age type speak that sounds flowery but has no substance.

Quote:If you think I am going to oust parts of writings for you; well,i cannot.

I have no cue what that is supposed to mean. Even for you it is gibberish.

Quote:Similar to like you say; I'm not doing your work for you, and in this case, cannot.

More gibberish

Quote:Though I am your enemy, you are my friend. Like most things; you don't have to understand or accept it for it to be true for me. I'm sorry; I know you can barely even grasp such nonsensical ramblings....
By self truth, I meant things that are true and undeniable to self. People can and do deceive themselves in a multitude of ways. Actually having the capacity to identify one of these deceptions within ones own thought process would be an example of a self truth.

I have repeatedly stated thay I would happily go into any detail or attempted definition upon specific request.

You expect me to articulate a thing completely and wholly, that grasps and encompasses all creation and life, which I gladly attempt. But for me to be specific I have to be asked specific things.

And I haven't dropped the core scripture thing. It still stands. I have attempted to explain it often but will give an example.

If the bible is a core scriptures then the writings of Calvin wouldn't be.

If the Quran is core scripture then the writings derived from it wouldn't be.

As far as misdirection in within the bible; I have spoken of it and it's obvious opposing nature and the fact that it is spoken against within the OT and the NT.

You don't generally ask specific questions because you can't be bothered to take it seriously; likewise, I cannot devote exponential amounts of time attempting to explain things to someone who doesn't really care anyway.

But please, anyone, ask if you have genuine curiosity, or even if you just wanna be a smart ass, and show me to be wrong.

Peace

(03-10-2016 08:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  My opinion is backed by self truth, lack of bias and is backed by every book of the faithful and even some that aren't regarded as religious in the traditional sense.

Now THAT is funny! "self-truth" is a meaningless phrase. Things that are true are not just true for one person. You have nothing but bias in how you read your scripture and now you've dropped "core scripture" for "every book of the faithful" which directly contradicts what you've said before.

You need help. Now.

Quote:Keep blindly asserting that it is just made up feel good crap while you wallow in self deceit and utter confusion.

Only one person here is blindly asserting feel good crap and is wallowing in delusion.

Quote:Say the same until you are dead. I will do the same.

The sad part is that you will never know how badly you wasted your life on this garbage.

03-10-2016, 12:54 PM
(03-10-2016 11:36 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  By self truth, I meant things that are true and undeniable to self.

"True and undeniabale to self" is not an explanation of "self truth", it just restates the same deepity. It has no meaning.

Quote:People can and do deceive themselves in a multitude of ways. Actually having the capacity to identify one of these deceptions within ones own thought process would be an example of a self truth.

You are a prime example of self-deception. As far as I can tell you live entirely within your own fantasy world.

Quote:I have repeatedly stated thay I would happily go into any detail or attempted definition upon specific request.

Your only response to questions is the same vacuous aphorisms.

Quote:You expect me to articulate a thing completely and wholly, that grasps and encompasses all creation and life, which I gladly attempt. But for me to be specific I have to be asked specific things.

I expect you to define your terms and supply demonstrable, repeatable, testable evidence for your claims.

Quote:And I haven't dropped the core scripture thing. It still stands. I have attempted to explain it often but will give an example.

If the bible is a core scriptures then the writings of Calvin wouldn't be.

If the Quran is core scripture then the writings derived from it wouldn't be.

Well, that is probably the best I'll get. It is hard to reconcile your claims about seeing consistency only in core scripture when we've already shown that the bible has inconsistencies and you go on to say that "My opinion is backed by self truth, lack of bias and is backed by every book of the faithful and even some that aren't regarded as religious in the traditional sense". You really don't see how much cherry-picking you do and that's one of the saddest parts.

Quote:As far as misdirection in within the bible; I have spoken of it and it's obvious opposing nature and the fact that it is spoken against within the OT and the NT.

I have no clue what that was trying to say unless it was a pathetic attempt to hand-wave away contradictions that you can't explain.

Quote:You don't generally ask specific questions because you can't be bothered to take it seriously; likewise, I cannot devote exponential amounts of time attempting to explain things to someone who doesn't really care anyway.

If you think I'm not asking specific enough questions it may be because your claims are so empty that there is nothing to latch on to. It takes forever to try to get any answer because you just keep repeating the same vague bullshit over and over. If you really had contact with a god I'd expect something definitive that could be tested but nothing you offer can be substantiated in any way.

Quote:But please, anyone, ask if you have genuine curiosity, or even if you just wanna be a smart ass, and show me to be wrong.

That's not how it works. You are the one making claims; you have the responsibility to support them.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-10-2016, 11:55 PM
I'm out Popsicle. Must be fun in lala land.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-10-2016, 04:51 AM
(03-10-2016 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm out Popsicle. Must be fun in lala land.
Peace.

I do not genuinely wish death upon you or anyone else, and was just trying to say that we will both find out the truth when we die.

It was a rather harsh way to put it, and perhaps it was motivated by anger in some small degree.

I hope to talk to you again for the first time.

La-la land is beautiful, but the desolate wasteland that surrounds it on all sides affects the air quality.

Sorry, I can't be wholly serious all the time.

I do, with sincerity, wish you the best though.

04-10-2016, 05:56 AM
(04-10-2016 04:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-10-2016 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'm out Popsicle. Must be fun in lala land.
Peace.

I do not genuinely wish death upon you or anyone else, and was just trying to say that we will both find out the truth when we die.

It was a rather harsh way to put it, and perhaps it was motivated by anger in some small degree.

La-la land is beautiful, but the desolate wasteland that surrounds it on all sides affects the air quality.

The evidence indicates you won't be able to find out anything when you're dead because you will no longer exist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-10-2016, 06:18 AM
(04-10-2016 05:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 04:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Peace.

The evidence indicates you won't be able to find out anything when you're dead because you will no longer exist.
What evidence is there that the body isn't just a husky of sorts? What evidence is there that some energy or essence, (wether conscious of a former past existence or not) doesn't leave the body upon death and return from where it came. Energy isn't destroyed but changed right?

This is all speculative, and these are honest questions from ignorance. I would genuinely like you to reference these evidences so I can learn about them.

Good post. Considering, to the point, and clean.

Thanks, peace