Slavery Debate with Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 06:40 AM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(04-10-2016 06:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2016 05:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  The evidence indicates you won't be able to find out anything when you're dead because you will no longer exist.
What evidence is there that the body isn't just a husky of sorts? What evidence is there that some energy or essence, (wether conscious of a former past existence or not) doesn't leave the body upon death and return from where it came. Energy isn't destroyed but changed right?

This is all speculative, and these are honest questions from ignorance. I would genuinely like you to reference these evidences so I can learn about them.

Good post. Considering, to the point, and clean.

Thanks, peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

That's really not the way it works. You seem to have the same mental block as Tommyboy. Is this a theist thing?

If you propose something exists, you must present evidence for it.
It is not up to others to prove that that something does not exist.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-10-2016, 07:15 AM
(04-10-2016 06:18 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What evidence is there that the body isn't just a husky of sorts? What evidence is there that some energy or essence, (wether conscious of a former past existence or not) doesn't leave the body upon death and return from where it came. Energy isn't destroyed but changed right?

The question is what evidence is there FOR those conjectures. You don't get to just make shit up and then claim that it is worth believing because it can't be shown to be impossible. The time to believe a claim is when there is EVIDENCE FOR THE CLAIM.

Quote:This is all speculative, and these are honest questions from ignorance. I would genuinely like you to reference these evidences so I can learn about them.

"speculation" is too strong a word for them although perhaps not technically incorrect

Quote:Good post. Considering, to the point, and clean.

Facepalm

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-10-2016, 08:54 AM
(21-09-2016 03:58 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 02:49 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  1.The key freaking difference being WE DON"T OWN THOSE PEOPLE !!!
2.No that explains nothing
3. are you honestly endorsing slavery as a natural thing
4. Jesus talked about earthly matters constantly

[1] Sorry, I forgot that imposing on every citizen to have a registered ID has nothing to do with the masters/slaves game in life. And requesting to have another ID has also nothing to do with changing one's masters (of a ruling system).

[2] ?

[3] Yes, the way I see people driven as if they were sheep, I can't deny that slavery does exist as a natural thing. But these driven sheep also know very well what they are doing. For one reason or another, each of them enjoys, or is satisfied in the least, for being driven by some others whom he used trusting. I am not imagining things. Many people told me this, face to face, to the point they pity me for not having one or more masters (elders, if you like) to guide me and to serve them for the glory of something Wink

[3] I guess you meant by 'earthly matters' how Jesus used presenting the world as it is in reality, so that one won't be fooled by great speeches and alike. On the other hand, the main message of Jesus is revealing truths for those who don't have just a human living flesh to take care of. These new truths are, therefore, beyond the instructions embedded in human DNAs (instincts, if you like)... and this leads us to another realm Wink

Kerim

1.This analogy is bullshit and you didn't address my point
2.No? you explained nothing then you have explained nothing now
3.Then your opinion of humans and human nature is disturbing and stupid
4.(insert New Age speak generator )

Id wish you peace but that would be a lie

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-10-2016, 09:01 AM
(21-09-2016 04:04 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 02:52 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  What in the name of tzneech is that nonesense

You would real surprise me if you said the inverse Big Grin

Anyway, thank you for your quasi-sincerity ('quasi' here means 'incomplete').

My goal wasn't to surprise you why would it be Huh

Not accusing my of being dishonest and actually addressing my points would have been a far greater surprise too badDrinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]