Slavery Debate with Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: Slavery Debate with Pastor
(21-09-2016 01:59 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Jesus didn't say "I am God" because, in his time, most people (Jews or else), if not all, were made to believe, since the human brain wasn't evolved enough, that the Will/Power that created life and the universe is of one being; God.

I think that has to be the most ridiculous statement I have read this week. I'm just sure you're going to be able to provide lots of evidence to support it............Facepalm

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
21-09-2016, 02:39 AM
(20-09-2016 09:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 09:01 AM)KerimF Wrote:  St Paul was just a man who had to play a role that suits the people in his time.

Even now, all citizens in the world obey the rules imposed by their systems Tongue
I mean, just because the masters who impose these rules work behind the scenes and their slaves are now called citizens, it doesn't mean that slavery, mainly the slavery of minds (thanks to internet), doesn't exist anymore (starting from America, if I am not wrong Wink ). Fortunately, many of the today's slaves, sorry I mean citizens, are made to also believe they are free... by freely following/obeying zillion of rules; from the time they wake up in the morning, till they sleep again Big Grin

Isn't it a wonderful world Drinking Beverage

You are saying that just because we are backward now, *God* condoning the practice of slavery is fine? "We Muslim extremists aren't so bad, after all Christian extremists blow people up too?" It's that kind of defence that is the weakest.

Now, 'slavery' (mainly the slavery of minds) DOES exist based on human instincts in the first place and not because it is condoned on any book, claimed being of God or Men.

In reality, most people in the world accept FREELY, even on these days, submitting to some other's will in exchange of things that they like having but they cannot get otherwise (and/or to avoid possible troubles).

This explains why Jesus didn't talk about slavery... because it is an earthly matter related to the masters/followers game that should be played, in a way or another, by most human beings Wink

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
21-09-2016, 02:49 AM
(21-09-2016 02:16 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 01:59 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Jesus didn't say "I am God" because, in his time, most people (Jews or else), if not all, were made to believe, since the human brain wasn't evolved enough, that the Will/Power that created life and the universe is of one being; God.

I think that has to be the most ridiculous statement I have read this week. I'm just sure you're going to be able to provide lots of evidence to support it............Facepalm

Oh, I am sorry that you had to confirm what I also said:
"A human being, created for survival only, doesn't need knowing anything about the Will/Power that created him; as it is the case for all other living things."

I mean, it seems you are among the lucky ones who have to take care of their human living flesh only; and to hell the idea of being created Wink

Anyway, I wish you have a happy long life.

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
21-09-2016, 02:49 AM
(21-09-2016 02:39 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(20-09-2016 09:49 AM)morondog Wrote:  You are saying that just because we are backward now, *God* condoning the practice of slavery is fine? "We Muslim extremists aren't so bad, after all Christian extremists blow people up too?" It's that kind of defence that is the weakest.

Now, 'slavery' (mainly the slavery of minds) DOES exist based on human instincts in the first place and not because it is condoned on any book, claimed being of God or Men.

In reality, most people in the world accept FREELY, even on these days, submitting to some other's will in exchange of things that they like having but they cannot get otherwise (and/or to avoid possible troubles).

This explains why Jesus didn't talk about slavery... because it is an earthly matter related to the masters/followers game that should be played, in a way or another, by most human beings Wink

1.The key freaking difference being WE DON"T OWN THOSE PEOPLE !!!
2.No that explains nothing
3. are you honestly endorsing slavery as a natural thing
4. Jesus talked about earthly matters constantly

[Image: giphy.gif]
21-09-2016, 02:52 AM
(21-09-2016 02:49 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 02:16 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I think that has to be the most ridiculous statement I have read this week. I'm just sure you're going to be able to provide lots of evidence to support it............Facepalm

Oh, I am sorry that you had to confirm what I also said:
"A human being, created for survival only, doesn't need knowing anything about the Will/Power that created him; as it is the case for all other living things."

I mean, it seems you are among the lucky ones who have to take care of their human living flesh only; and to hell the idea of being created Wink

What in the name of tzneech is that nonesense

[Image: giphy.gif]
21-09-2016, 02:59 AM
(21-09-2016 01:10 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  @everybody else.

Kerim and Pops in the same thread, you know what that means:

Judgement day is near! Be prepared for the second coming!

A judgement day has to be based on a certain Law.
But, as you already know, Kerim believes (actually discovered) that any ruling god (hence having a certain Law imposed on humans) has to be a man-made god.

Hope it is clearer now Wink

Kerim

21-09-2016, 03:58 AM
(21-09-2016 02:49 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 02:39 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Now, 'slavery' (mainly the slavery of minds) DOES exist based on human instincts in the first place and not because it is condoned on any book, claimed being of God or Men.

1.The key freaking difference being WE DON"T OWN THOSE PEOPLE !!!
2.No that explains nothing
3. are you honestly endorsing slavery as a natural thing
4. Jesus talked about earthly matters constantly

[1] Sorry, I forgot that imposing on every citizen to have a registered ID has nothing to do with the masters/slaves game in life. And requesting to have another ID has also nothing to do with changing one's masters (of a ruling system).

[2] ?

[3] Yes, the way I see people driven as if they were sheep, I can't deny that slavery does exist as a natural thing. But these driven sheep also know very well what they are doing. For one reason or another, each of them enjoys, or is satisfied in the least, for being driven by some others whom he used trusting. I am not imagining things. Many people told me this, face to face, to the point they pity me for not having one or more masters (elders, if you like) to guide me and to serve them for the glory of something Wink

[3] I guess you meant by 'earthly matters' how Jesus used presenting the world as it is in reality, so that one won't be fooled by great speeches and alike. On the other hand, the main message of Jesus is revealing truths for those who don't have just a human living flesh to take care of. These new truths are, therefore, beyond the instructions embedded in human DNAs (instincts, if you like)... and this leads us to another realm Wink

Kerim

21-09-2016, 04:04 AM
(21-09-2016 02:52 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(21-09-2016 02:49 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Oh, I am sorry that you had to confirm what I also said:

What in the name of tzneech is that nonesense

You would real surprise me if you said the inverse Big Grin

Anyway, thank you for your quasi-sincerity ('quasi' here means 'incomplete').

21-09-2016, 04:14 AM
(14-09-2016 04:19 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Also, if rules were set during the exodus period to try to dissuade people from having slaves and they hadn't done the job by the time Jesus arrived why didn't he provide an addendum saying "knock off the slavery thing". All we got from him was "obey your masters" and accept your lot in life.

I used knowing that, in this respect, Jesus just said:
"Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's".
In my Arabic Gospel, I didn't hear Jesus saying: "obey your masters". Would you please help me know when he said this? It seems I missed it. Thank you.

Kerim

21-09-2016, 05:07 AM
(14-09-2016 05:53 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  ...and Luke 12 has Jesus saying that you shouldn't beat some slaves quite so hard.

I just liked to thank you to highlight this saying of Jesus (a parable of a master and his slaves) that I didn't include yet among the few sayings that were inspired by the general teachings of the OT (and the culture of Jesus time). These few added sayings, claimed of Jesus, doesn't belong to the main and clear message of Jesus.

Well, I hear many readers saying:
"Kerim, what are talking here?!!!"
You should take all Jesus sayings, as presented on the Gospel, or none of them.

My answer is simple.
I am also an engineer in data communications.
Anytime I design a data receiver, I build in it sort of filters to clean the received data from any possible false bits (I am talking of digital transmissions). The main role of these filters is to correct or ignore the unexpected data, based on some criteria. This let the received data be, as possible, like the original transmitted one.

Of course, if the transmitted info is not important for someone, he doesn't need to design for it neither a receiver nor filters. The same applies on the situation when a person is not interested in hearing anything which is not related to his priorities in life.