Slayer's new song Implode FINALLY released

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 04:34 AM by ELK12695.)
Slayer's new song Implode FINALLY released
I've been waiting for this track for about 2 years now. Implode is written solely by Kerry King as far as I can remember. This is also the first time Paul Bostaph has recorded something with Slayer in over 10 years. It sounds like a crossover of God Hates Us All and Christ Illusion as far as the sound goes.

The song was "okay" for my ears, could have been better. It had a badass intro, but the thrashy part was a little stiff and lacked some of the aggression the last two albums songs had. Tom can still scream like a demon, I wonder how he's still capable of doing stuff like this after his neck surgery. Dispite some flaws, Kerry has written some stuff here that is a lot more true to Slayer's formula; unlike Dave Mustaine which wrote a lot of "Risk'ish" crap into Megadeth's horrible 2013 release, Super Collider.

BTW, Slayer has ended their everlasting contract with American Recordings and signed to Nuclear Blast. End of an era, I say.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
25-04-2014, 09:05 AM
RE: Slayer's new song Implode FINALLY released
I agree, it's okay. Not bad but I had hoped for better.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-04-2014, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 10:27 AM by ELK12695.)
(25-04-2014 09:05 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I agree, it's okay. Not bad but I had hoped for better.

Not all songs were smashing on the last two albums either, so we can only hope the rest has more promise. You can look on it in two ways: it's a bit alarming they picked this rather "okay" song as their first reveal, which makes it look like this was the best they had to show to build hype. Then again, Implode was announced like 2 years ago as I said before, so I guess they just stuck to the plan and released what they had promised.

Regardless, I can't wait to hear if Paul has wipped out his old technical style he had in God Hates, I fucking love his drumtracks from that album. And although it's not a full Slayer album without Jeff on lead and rhythm, I wouldn't accept anyone else but Gary to fill in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBbD75tO...be&t=3m30s --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaLedXar....be&t=4m4s

'Cause it's Gary motherfucking Holt.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
25-04-2014, 06:58 PM
It's.... alright!
To be quite honest, Slayer has a few songs like this. I'm not a huge fan of Reign In Blood unless you can loop that first monster riff, and have it play over and over again Tongue

Tom sounds no different = good thing!!!

At some point... how do I say this...
If they could coordinate their deaths so that their heads all fell right off their shoulders into the crowd at a concert, then geriatric head banging could be cool. Not saying they're old, yet, just... they've got a mountain of albums to listen to, so know when to hang it up.
Fuck it, idk what I'm saying [Image: smiley-cool11.gif] [Image: smiley-cool11.gif] [Image: smiley-cool11.gif] [Image: smiley-cool11.gif]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post