Sleep Apnea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: Sleep Apnea
(18-04-2017 06:16 AM)ImFred Wrote:  How troublesome is it keeping those things clean?

I never clean mine, never.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2017, 06:25 PM
(18-04-2017 12:09 AM)psybj Wrote:  Have been on CPAP, then BipapC, for almost 20 years. Was amazed by the change in energy and alertness when I started. Hate the damn thing but can't live without it.

What model and manufacturer is yours?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-05-2017, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 06:31 PM by Full Circle.)
(18-04-2017 12:39 AM)whateverist Wrote:  I have it and have been on a CPAP for probably 20 or so years. It has made a huge difference. Back when I went on it you had to go to a sleep center for testing. They said they never saw anyone go out as fast as I did. I remember struggling to stay awake while they hooked everything up. No deep sleep, next to no dream state, 100's of awaking.

I love my CPAP machine. I find the little bit of noise comforting. On a cold night I can slip the covers over my head. Gave up camping soon after. Going back to waking up all night and being sleepy all day just can't be part of a good time.

In the last year and a half I've dropped more than 50 pounds and am zero'ing in on my final goal. Makes no difference. Still need the machine.

Same question to you, what is the make and manufacturer?
I’m seriously considering getting one.

I am always tired from the lack of restful sleep.

Some of the ones I’m looking at.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-06-2017, 03:57 PM
(18-04-2017 06:16 AM)ImFred Wrote:  How troublesome is it keeping those things clean?

I never bother to clean mine. No problem.
13-06-2017, 04:12 PM
(06-05-2017 06:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 12:39 AM)whateverist Wrote:  I have it and have been on a CPAP for probably 20 or so years. It has made a huge difference. Back when I went on it you had to go to a sleep center for testing. They said they never saw anyone go out as fast as I did. I remember struggling to stay awake while they hooked everything up. No deep sleep, next to no dream state, 100's of awaking.

I love my CPAP machine. I find the little bit of noise comforting. On a cold night I can slip the covers over my head. Gave up camping soon after. Going back to waking up all night and being sleepy all day just can't be part of a good time.

In the last year and a half I've dropped more than 50 pounds and am zero'ing in on my final goal. Makes no difference. Still need the machine.

Same question to you, what is the make and manufacturer?
I’m seriously considering getting one.

I am always tired from the lack of restful sleep.

Some of the ones I’m looking at.

Hey sorry not to get back sooner but I find it very hard to follow up. I don't find anything like "alerts" to help with that. Am I missing anything?

Anyhow my unit is apparently made by Philips Respironics. I think the model is called a REMstar Auto A-Flex. Good luck! I hope you get one and like it. It can definitely make a big difference.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
13-06-2017, 07:06 PM
I recently switched to a new mask and this one is much better. It's more like the mask people where when they are given oxygen to breathe, so it covers better and yet is actually less cumbersome than the last one.
15-06-2017, 03:30 PM
The only thing I did with mine was change the air filter, the mask part never seemed to get dirty.

I only had mine for a couple of years, lost 50lbs and that was it the last sleep test I had was nearly negative so the Doctor said stop using it.

I've also raised the head of my bed about three inches to reduce my acid reflux. So all's well in paradise.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself