[Image: shining_jack_frozen.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like FSM_scot's post
13-03-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Sleeping well on hot nights.
(13-03-2013 05:03 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Move to Scotland i guarantee you wont get any hot nights Big Grin

[Image: shining_jack_frozen.jpg]
That is very true. Although, it is a scorching 6C here in Broughty Ferry right now, but it was -5C last night. Anyway, I'm about to go out to get some sun. Smile I'm not even joking about that. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
13-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Where's can I vote for "all the above"?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-03-2013, 08:33 AM
I get my hair wet. I pretty much do that every night though, cause I don't like my head to be too warm. Smile

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2013, 11:56 AM
(13-03-2013 07:41 AM)frankiej Wrote:  That is very true. Although, it is a scorching 6C here in Broughty Ferry right now, but it was -5C last night. Anyway, I'm about to go out to get some sun. Smile I'm not even joking about that. Tongue

First bit of sun and its shorts on, tap aff. Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
15-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I also suggest you to move to Scotland. THE DRAFT THROUGH THE WINDOWS, god!

On a more serious note - at home in Helsinki it can easily get very warm during the summer, say 30-35 C at its best and on such nights one needs some cooling. We don't generally use A/Cs so the trick is just sleep with only a bed sheet as a blanket with less clothing, keep window open and make sure no sunlight gets to the room. If this does not work, one solution is to organize a temporary bed on the floor near the open window. Floor is generally cooler in temperature. Also if your mattress is very soft, that also increases the feeling of heat. You could change it to a harder one where you don't sink in at all.

“A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings intentionally.”
- Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes Kurangu's post
15-03-2013, 03:27 PM
(15-03-2013 02:14 PM)Kurangu Wrote:  Yeah, I also suggest you to move to Scotland. THE DRAFT THROUGH THE WINDOWS, god!

On a more serious note - at home in Helsinki it can easily get very warm during the summer, say 30-35 C at its best and on such nights one needs some cooling. We don't generally use A/Cs so the trick is just sleep with only a bed sheet as a blanket with less clothing, keep window open and make sure no sunlight gets to the room. If this does not work, one solution is to organize a temporary bed on the floor near the open window. Floor is generally cooler in temperature. Also if your mattress is very soft, that also increases the feeling of heat. You could change it to a harder one where you don't sink in at all.
Actually I am of Scot's descent.
May venture across to the heather on the hill one day if I can reduce my travel phobia. Wink
20-03-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2013 11:27 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I've had to sleep inside a trailer with no AC, electric fan or water in the upper 90s temp. before. Day dreaming myself to sleep often works best until it's too hot to bother.
20-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Gentle fan with a small bowl of water and a washcloth beside the bed. Occasionally grab the cloth and wet forearms. Let the fan blow the moisture away. Before you know it, your temp will be down and you'll be fast asleep.

Your forearms have a layer of strong, thin skin, filled to the brim with tiny capillaries. When you wet that skin, all that warm blood coming to the surface is cooled by the evaporation, then brought back to your core cooler.

Try it anytime it's hot. You'll be amazed how effective it is. Old construction workers trick.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-03-2013, 12:10 AM
I usually go with a heating pad, extra covers and one of those Amish built fake fire space heaters. Gotta prepare for an eternity in hell after all.
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post