Slick Rick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Slick Rick
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43758839/

Just...read the article... I'm so upset over this there is bile in my throat and I feel like shaking.

If this prayer event goes through, I will make it a point to denounce my US citizenship, I will march up to the US Embassy on Okinawa and hand them my passport.

I am so disgusted over my homeland.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2011, 10:13 AM
RE: Slick Rick
(15-07-2011 09:50 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  I am so disgusted over my homeland.

Surely if all American atheists renounced their citizenship and emigrated things would only get worse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Meh, at this point I'm not overly fond of the United States, if they want to treat the rest of their citizens other then Christians like crap, then fine, they should get exactly what they deserve, a country left behind by the science and technology they love to hate.

This has been going on way to long, my country used to not be like this before the 1950s. I want to be out of this situation before we are pledging our allgience to Jesus and saying The United States of Christianity.

You like in the UK, how is the job market for English teachers?

15-07-2011, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 11:29 AM by angry_liberal.)
(15-07-2011 11:20 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Meh, at this point I'm not overly fond of the United States, if they want to treat the rest of their citizens other then Christians like crap, then fine, they should get exactly what they deserve, a country left behind by the science and technology they love to hate.

This has been going on way to long, my country used to not be like this before the 1950s. I want to be out of this situation before we are pledging our allgience to Jesus and saying The United States of Christianity.

You like in the UK, how is the job market for English teachers?

I wonder if you have read "The Handmaiden's tale" or any other science fiction of what happens when the religious nutcases take over the United States?

Regarding the job market I don't think it is brilliant for English teachers but I think I know people who might have more information. If you PM me I might be able to ask around.
15-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I haven't read the handmaiden's tale, but I will look into it!

I just imagined me teaching (American) English to young British people (is it okay to call you all, Brits?)... I speak with an Atlantic accent so there won't be too much of a difference, but there will certainly be differences in grammar.

I can see it now 'An American teaching English to the English?!'

Perhaps I should work harder on my Japanese and see if I can get qualified to teach that instead.

Thank you for the offer though, that's very sweet, if I do actually end up emigrating to the UK (which is a distinct possibility, my husband wants the convenience of an English speaking country, and I refuse to move to Australia), I'll let you know. Smile

15-07-2011, 12:10 PM
(15-07-2011 12:06 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  I just imagined me teaching (American) English to young British people (is it okay to call you all, Brits?)... I speak with an Atlantic accent so there won't be too much of a difference, but there will certainly be differences in grammar.

Definitely no market for that. But people do come to the UK to learn English. A lot of those schools were really shells just operating an immigration racket and the government is regulating them hard.
15-07-2011, 12:18 PM
He doesn't seem to get it. He doesn't understand that to broadcast promotions of your prayer event from your government office, while wearing your political attire is seen as government promoting religion. But then again if he was bright enough to get that, he probably wouldn't be wasting time praying. He also doesn't get that the passages he quotes from the book of Joel about blowing trumpets and fasting are God's instructions to his army before he unleashes the end of the world.

I'm not too worried. Only 6,000 people in Texas plan to attend. I can sell more door to door magazine subscriptions than that.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
16-07-2011, 05:06 AM
(15-07-2011 12:18 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  He doesn't seem to get it. He doesn't understand that to broadcast promotions of your prayer event from your government office, while wearing your political attire is seen as government promoting religion. But then again if he was bright enough to get that, he probably wouldn't be wasting time praying. He also doesn't get that the passages he quotes from the book of Joel about blowing trumpets and fasting are God's instructions to his army before he unleashes the end of the world.

I'm not too worried. Only 6,000 people in Texas plan to attend. I can sell more door to door magazine subscriptions than that.

I am surely it is deeply cynical. He might not even be a believer or at least not a serious as he makes out. The breaking the constitution he may get away with so that is not stupid. When he cannot shake off the "the statue of liberty is a demon" shtick it might not look so clever.
16-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Wouau. This guy clearly doesn't give a sh** about praying, this is his way of making it to the top of the political pyramid. And a good one, I might ad. Not good in general, but good for him and his campaign. But it could also be bad, if people were not so stupid and if they could see through his mask. Bad for USA in the eyes of everyone in the world who is not a head-in-the-sand kind of fundamental Christian.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2011, 07:37 AM
(15-07-2011 12:06 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  My husband wants the convenience of an English speaking country, and I refuse to move to Australia), I'll let you know. Smile

Why? What's wrong with Australia? Sad

Many Japanese people come here for holidays!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss