Slick Rick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2011, 07:53 AM
RE: Slick Rick
I'm just being a judgmental ass Tongue Honestly I never been to Australia so I guess I shouldn't judge.

I was thinking about going there for vacation one day, my husband is an avid scuba diver, and he wants to see the great barrier reef.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Australia is awesome, though I've not been yet. I pay a lot of attention to the countries which are most well connected to Japan. Hopefully I will be in Canada before 2012, and when I can get a newer citizenship I'm renouncing my birthright which I've never wanted. Every country I've been to seemed more reasonable. I'll admit I haven't lived anywhere else for as long as here, but that doesn't matter. I hate these politics the most. Though currently the Japanese government is getting a bit annoying with their blatant disrespect of the citizens, it's always been the fact that the government there hides most things, but really they shouldn't be trying to cover up the nuclear plant.

I really hope things go well in August, I really want out.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
16-07-2011, 05:56 PM
UK is not too great at the moment.. with the job cuts and all. But I think in about 2 or 3 years they will be a lot of jobs available. I feel sorry for japan, why are they not accepting help from other countries?

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
16-07-2011, 06:44 PM
They don't seriously need help, things are pretty much under control. When you have a disaster happen the last thing you want is to let everyone in. It's a security risk and all the sudden everyone will expect pay-back. Handle it on your own and no one can whine about how you didn't repay them. Any country that can self-sustain pretty much needs to take care of it's own problems as long as we continue to have separate countries. Japan is doing what's best for their economy.

The issue isn't so much that things aren't handled, it's that so many lies were made during the whole event that there is a growing distrust amongst citizens. Many political heads have stepped down due to the disgrace that the current government is facing on it's policies with it's own people.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-07-2011, 12:35 AM
I live in Japan and one of the problems with Japan is their dislike and distrust of anyone who is not Japanese. Not all Japanese are like that at all, but there is the general attitude through out the country that if you are not native Japanese then you can never really fit in, or understand Japanese culture.

Hell some public places, like certain clubs or bath houses you can't even enter because you are not native Japanese.

It is very difficult to gain Japanese citizenship, and you cannot be a duel citizen.

Otherwise I would stay in Japan, I like it very much, but it's a real pain in the ass. Also Jasen has a hard time with language acquisition.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
17-07-2011, 05:06 AM
You mean they let you gain actual citizenship nowadays? generally in Japan the only people to have real citizenship are the Japanese and the Ainu, everyone else is a second class citizen. I know about the huge rift, though I was treated pretty well in general. I was mainly in Kanto so it was a more commercial area, but generally me not being allowed somewhere was due to my being of both genders which I explained prior to certain things to make sure it was ok. Also the US doesn't accept dual citizenship really, generally if you want to be a citizen somewhere else you have to give up US citizenship. Was surprised to find that out.

There's only a few bath houses I can enter =p

I love Japan, it feels like home (only place that ever has), and as long as I could afford to I'd live there. No matter how much scoffing I get from elitist natives it's still a lot less trouble than I get in the US.

17-07-2011, 04:42 PM
As a slight retraction I will admit. I was in japan for 2 and a half weeks. I went with a school tour because military is out of the question and I'm poor. I expected to have to deal with the most disrespect possible. I knew about Japan going in. And of course about the issue with Asian countries in general that they are so overly patriotic. While I was there it really was better than I was expecting going in. I would be corrected if I made mistakes, never had to deal with anyone trying to speak English to me. Things like public bath confusion over my body though, i let the assistant for the trip discuss with hotels because I knew she would do a better job. I was corrected all the time on things >.> By people I didn't know.

The miraculous part of my trip there was that I was with a big group of foreigners. I enjoyed very much seeing exactly how different they were treated. There was even a case where a restaurant that had no problem with me coming in didn't want them at all =p. The only one treated similarly among the group was the Japanese born Japanese teacher who was also pretty surprised how easy it went for me =p. I don't drink so I didn't really bother with the bar scene, but I never ran into any trouble due to my skin color even though I was expecting it. The worst looks i got were from the bathroom attendants wondering why I would use the traditional stall =p (Tokyo has taken a serious liking to western toilets, the airport doesn't even have the traditional kind). While my experience was pretty short I had no trouble being considered a pretty average person on the street. I was exceptionally pleased that was given "local" foreigner status =p

This morning I just wasn't quite thinking straight because for me, I had to do all the rules and everything. And the only reason I was ever told no was due to my genitals. I could only go to the public baths during off hours >.> when they were empty.... I could've went to some of the mixed bathing areas, but I had a pretty small trip. The fact is though, that I had no problem feeling as in place in Japan as I did in Italy. The US is where everyone thinks I don't belong =p most of them even after knowing me =p.

28-07-2011, 02:39 PM
It looks like Rick Perry's day of prayer has run into unexpected opposition. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Protest. see.

Also, this video, for your viewing pleasure.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Wow.. It might be difficult to hold a protest joined with westborough baptist church though!

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss