Sliders (1995-2000) TV Series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2013, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 02:00 AM by Adenosis.)
Sliders (1995-2000) TV Series
I want to talk about how upset I am with what they did with the show, they could have sent it in a much better direction. This will contain spoilers so if you don't want to know what happens don't read on.

Why in the hell would they take out the main character? That's like having had Harry Potter killed in The Half Blood Prince. It just shouldn't happen. They already killed off my second favorite character, Professor Maxamillion Arturo. And when that happened he wasn't even in his right mind! That's one hell of a way to kill off a main character. Ugh. The only character from the beginning still left in the show is Rembrant, and he didn't even go sliding willingly! He got dragged along by accident! What the hell!?

I haven't even watched the entire fifth season, I just looked up to see if he (Jerry O'Connell as Quinn Malory) comes back, which he doesn't. There really doesn't feel like any point in continuing. With Quinn and even his brother gone the entire plot is in shambles. They were suppose to find their home world along with their parents! Gah! I'm so mad.

The first two seasons are really good, the third season stank, the fourth was better than the third but still not as good as the first two, and season five doesn't even seem worth watching.

What did you all think of the show? I expect not many people have seen it.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: Sliders (1995-2000) TV Series
It got lame once they replaced the nerdy girl with the boobie girl.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
17-11-2013, 01:55 AM
I saw many of the of the sliders episodes on netflix. I like the alternative reality theme. I remember a few shows that has socially controversial themes...
17-11-2013, 10:27 AM
I didn't know Sliders was a late 90s show. I always thought it was a little older than that when I watched it. You learn something new everyday.

I think the show went downhill after the professor died. Not only was he my favorite character, he was the heart. He also figured out the hard issues when Mal was incapacitated.

A few episodes after his death, Remmy admitted to Wade that he really was aiming for the Professor's cushy booty when he came out of the wormhole. Did you catch that? It was cute.

I don't think I caught ever single episode of the latter seasons, but I can guarantee you it gets worse from here. Watch at your own risk.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
17-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah it did start off well. I stopped watching it around the time Jerry O'Connell left so I coudlnt tell you anything. Probably shit though.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
17-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I loved that show when it first started simply because it had my secret identity in it.

The first season was good but after that it was pretty shitty. Especially when they replaced O'Connell with O'Connell.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-11-2013, 11:17 AM
It was pretty bad. I'm trying to think of a redeeming quality, but I'm failing. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
17-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Lol it was entertaining but it was never a master piece....

Love the first episode where Rembrant 'Cryin Man' Brown was clearly an after thought by the producers.... Lets just move this portal 30 feet that way to suck in some random soul singer, that will never happen to a portal ever again for the next 5 seasons, but whatever.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
17-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Re: Sliders (1995-2000) TV Series
I loved it as a kid but I don't recall,much exactly a few random tidbits and calling guys cueball

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post