Slipping Away From Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2015 11:08 AM by DLJ.)
Slipping Away From Islam
Good day all.

This past Ramadan I've began to question this faith which I don't believe I believe in, but I was forced to believe in it by the upbringing of my parents.

If I were born to Christians parents I would be a Christian. If my parents were Hindu I'd be following Hinduism.

But as of today I am a Muslim, because its all my parents have taught me. The sad part is that in Islam we believe in the previous religions, prophets and books of Judaism and Christianity, but yet we have never read them and we bad talk them all.

Im here to open a discussion and learn about these previous two monothiestic Abrahamic religions and find out if this God is truely who he is... we just a mindstate which was forced upon us.

As of today I classify myself as an Agnostic Muslim.

Greetings to you all! Feel free to bash my religion all you want, teach me, give me information, make me question every single thing.

By the end of it all, if I leave my religion, it should be because Allah (God) has willed it

Quote:"For indeed, Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills"
- Quran 35:8

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” - Brian Kilmeade Bowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like HiApryl's post
19-08-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: Slipping Away From Islam
why are there quotes in the middle of your intro?Dodgy

start some threads in the other sub forums, maybe questions or something you arent ready to let go of.

this being the intro section, we are supposed to be nice and welcoming, looking forward to reading your other posts.

welcome to TTA

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
19-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Welcome! Seems like you're starting a search for truth with an open mind. I can help you with understanding Judaism, but I know very little about Islam in return. Maybe you can help me with that. =)
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
19-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Welcome.

"By the end of it all, if I leave my religion, it should be because Allah (God) has willed it" is meant as humor, right? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Welcome. This thread is just for people to welcome you to the forum - so if you want to discuss any of the points you raised above, feel free to start a thread in one of the discussion areas.

Pull up a chair and chime right in! Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Welcome! Feel free to start a thread and ask the questions you may have in reference to a god or your religion by birth. I have a working knowledge of both, and would love to assist you in eviscerating the dogma that has been forced upon you. You are right that in the vast majority of the time, your religious beliefs have to do with WHERE you were born.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Hello HiApryl, glad you found this place. You seem a bit shaken - it's understandable - you are beginning to see through the fog of everything you've been taught. It will take time but if you continue to keep your eyes and mind open, you will find out just how strong and intelligent you are. Hope you stay and learn ... understanding is an ongoing thing.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
19-08-2015, 11:13 AM
(19-08-2015 08:50 AM)HiApryl Wrote:  ...
Greetings to you all!

And greetings to you too. May you find the answers you seek.

(19-08-2015 09:17 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  why are there quotes in the middle of your intro?

Fixed. I house-keeped Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Welcome!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.