20-08-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Slipping Away From Islam
Nice avatar picture.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2015, 01:28 PM
(20-08-2015 09:46 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  my troll alarm is starting to squeak, but carry on. Bowing

Relax Wink This one doesn't smell bad to me...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Welcome! Asking questions is a great start to the road of discovery. We are glad you are here! Keep digging, you'll see how deep the rabbit hole goes . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2015, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2015 11:36 PM by GirlyMan.)

RocketSurgeon and earmuffs duet. ... just saying. You know the nearer your destination the more you're slip sliding away.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-08-2015, 03:06 PM
Welcome!....I hope you find some enlightenment upon your journey!

**Crickets** -- God
25-08-2015, 03:37 PM
(19-08-2015 08:50 AM)HiApryl Wrote:  and find out if this God is truely who he is.
Hello and welcome.

A few questions for you to ponder. You don't have to give me answers. It's for you to ponder.
How do you find out anything about god?
How do you discover?
How do you question?

Do you just believe what others tell you?
If this is the case, then how did they find out anything about god?
How did they discover?
How did they question?

If your scriptures are your method of discovery.

How did the authors of scripture find out anything about god?
How did they discover?
How did they question?

How do you verify the validity of scriptures? How do you determine the correct way to interpret scripture?

There's nothing wrong with asking questions is there?
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
25-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Welcome!
25-08-2015, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 07:30 PM by Free.)
(19-08-2015 08:50 AM)HiApryl Wrote:  Good day all.

This past Ramadan I've began to question this faith which I don't believe I believe in, but I was forced to believe in it by the upbringing of my parents.

If I were born to Christians parents I would be a Christian. If my parents were Hindu I'd be following Hinduism.

But as of today I am a Muslim, because its all my parents have taught me. The sad part is that in Islam we believe in the previous religions, prophets and books of Judaism and Christianity, but yet we have never read them and we bad talk them all.

Im here to open a discussion and learn about these previous two monothiestic Abrahamic religions and find out if this God is truely who he is... we just a mindstate which was forced upon us.

As of today I classify myself as an Agnostic Muslim.

Greetings to you all! Feel free to bash my religion all you want, teach me, give me information, make me question every single thing.

By the end of it all, if I leave my religion, it should be because Allah (God) has willed it

Quote:"For indeed, Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides whom He wills"
- Quran 35:8

Hey!

I'm so happy to see you here. I have a young Muslim working for me here in Canada who is also agnostic, and whom I predict will someday be atheistic. He will get there all on his own though, as I do not encourage him, and in fact I tell him to continue on with his religion at least until he is old enough to be out on his own. He just wants to be like everybody else; secular.

You've come to a great forum full of intellectuals on many different levels. I am an historian, accredited (although I am also a CEO of a corp in IT for earning a living) and there are a couple more like me on this forum. I specialize in the Abrahamic religions, and trust me, you will learn more about Christianity and Judaism from we atheists than you ever could from a biased Christian or Jew.

So welcome to the forum, and feel free to start up a conversation on anything you like.

Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
30-08-2015, 09:48 AM
(25-08-2015 03:37 PM)Stevil Wrote:  A few questions for you to ponder. You don't have to give me answers. It's for you to ponder.

Perfect list to start my journey! thank you Stevil (Evil Steven?)

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” - Brian Kilmeade Bowing
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2015, 10:58 AM
(30-08-2015 09:48 AM)HiApryl Wrote:  Stevil (Evil Steven?)

Man oh man... how did I not catch that!?!

Facepalm

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson