Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-03-2014, 11:22 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(17-03-2014 09:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Enough of dueling with Blowme...found this, it's cute, I like it. Will cleanse the nastiness from my mind before I go to sleep.

[Image: slide_341016_3517193_free.gif]

That needs to be dubbed with harp music.

No kidding, it looks like it is playing the harp.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2014, 12:59 PM
I got my second tip as a valet today.
I've been working here almost 6 months...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
18-03-2014, 01:28 PM
(18-03-2014 12:59 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I got my second tip as a valet today.

Yeah, at a hospital you wouldnt expect much more, maybe look for the same job at a high end restaurant, thats where the big wigs like to throw the bucks around to impress everyone.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
19-03-2014, 05:10 AM
Not so much smile, as laugh out loud. Derisively. At this Dawkins story. Apparently, he's been incredibly bright since childhood. Or not. Drinking Beverage

"While we were lining up to file into the dining room the duty master would sometimes read out a list of names, supplied by a boy whose birthday it was. The named invitees would drop out of the line and go to a special table set aside for birthdays at the end of the dining hall, laden with birthday cake, jellies and other good things sent by the loving mother. I understood the principle, and I understood about supplying the duty master with the list of your friends’ names. That was very clear. What slipped my attention was the small point that you had to arrange for your mother in advance to send the cake and jelly. On my birthday I wrote out the list of my friends and gave it to the duty master, who read it aloud. My chosen friends walked eagerly into the dining room, surveyed the empty table and . . . even after all these years embarrassment prevents me from describing the scene any further."

Who knew I had it in me to feel schadenfreude (and enjoy it so much!). I guess that's what happens when you push me too far. Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2014, 05:28 AM
My broken car only cost £136 to fix when I was expecting it to be about £250. Banana_zorro

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
19-03-2014, 06:17 AM
This morning when I woke up to check TTA, I noticed that I had 555 posts and 666 likes.

Thanks Taq for my 666th like.

[Image: EVLO1PJ.png?1]

It immediately made me think of this song.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
19-03-2014, 08:38 AM
(18-03-2014 01:28 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 12:59 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I got my second tip as a valet today.

Yeah, at a hospital you wouldnt expect much more, maybe look for the same job at a high end restaurant, thats where the big wigs like to throw the bucks around to impress everyone.

My breaker's cousin works for this company in Beverly Hills, and he apparently gets $50-100 tips on every other car...

Atir aissom atir imon
20-03-2014, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2014 03:26 PM by Vera.)
Booties (and caps) on dung-beetles. Blush "Dung beetles sporting custom made caps and boots entered the annals of the Ig Nobel Prize when South Africa’s second ever winner was announced during the 23rd First Annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony at Harvard University on Thursday, 12 September 2013.Byrne and the team designed caps and boots for dung beetles and dressed the beetles in their new apparel to prove firstly that dung beetles use the Milky Way to orientate, and secondly that dung beetles climb on top of their dung balls to cool their bodies as they roll the ball away from competitors at the dung pile."

[Image: dung-beetle.jpg]

[Image: vac8o_137140001379054234.jpg]

Oh, and the word booty itself Blush

No! Not in that sense Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
20-03-2014, 02:55 PM
(19-03-2014 06:17 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This morning when I woke up to check TTA, I noticed that I had 555 posts and 666 likes.

Thanks Taq for my 666th like.

[Image: EVLO1PJ.png?1]

It immediately made me think of this song.

What's it like to be a heretic?

[Image: BGAMSK177.JPG]

Atir aissom atir imon
21-03-2014, 02:48 PM
My home country has been likened to being as hot as hell, and has won 2 Ig Nobel prizes. I just had to smile.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.