Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-03-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(29-03-2014 07:10 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-03-2014 07:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You just can't wait to start indoctrinating your kid to the Lord whom art of thy Rings, can you?

I may be imagining the perfect Middle earth nursery..... Wink

I've found elvish (A is for Apple) type signs too.....

A is for Adoration of Lord of the Rings.
B is for Be a fan of Lord of the Rings.
G is for Gollum.
L is for Lord of the Rings.
R is for Rings.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
30-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Nice thread. I enjoyed the last several pages.

My day has yet to begin. I am looking forward to it. I am teaching drums and percussion from midday until 8pm. Among my students is a very fine professional drummer who is travelling interstate for the lesson. Apparently his technique needs some tweaking. We have two hours booked. I am looking forward to it. But a little apprehensive that I wont be good enough to help him. We shall see....

When I get home is have some episodes of The White Queen to watch on DVD.
It should prove to be a good day. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Such a good day today, lots of smiles!

This big fella rolling around, jeez I love this cat Heart
[Image: 28ffab50e82f67a98c0fa90ed0ac7fee_zpsc2c4ba93.jpg]

Was changing my sheets, and switching out some blankets. Started folding up this quilt. My grandma made it for us as a wedding gift. Man, every time I look at this, I just think of how beautiful, and well made it is, that she made it just for us. Look forward to handing it down one day if I can Blush
[Image: 9c4ee375e6499433bf2c20136a2b2c30_zps48b76bbd.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
31-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Got a draft back for some work today.

My teacher said I had talent.

It's a small thing but it made me freeze and smile a bit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
31-03-2014, 11:57 AM
In the last couple of weeks, I've seen the return to the wetlands and feeder great blue herons, a pair of swans, red-winged blackbirds, red-bellied woodpecker, red-tailed hawks, and eastern bluebirds.

Also had a pair of raccoons at the bird feeder, not to mention the white-tailed deer nibbling on the apple tree buds. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
31-03-2014, 03:01 PM
(31-03-2014 11:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  In the last couple of weeks, I've seen the return to the wetlands and feeder great blue herons, a pair of swans, red-winged blackbirds, red-bellied woodpecker, red-tailed hawks, and eastern bluebirds.

Also had a pair of raccoons at the bird feeder, not to mention the white-tailed deer nibbling on the apple tree buds. Dodgy

Where you live sounds so fucking majestic!

31-03-2014, 04:24 PM
[Image: OLT3webblk-994x1024.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
31-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Z

[Image: zbaby_zps5ae0bfc9.jpg]

Mr. Mischief

[Image: treyhat_zps739f552f.jpg]

Bail - way too grown.

[Image: Bail_zpsd6d57523.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
31-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Catherine Qualtrough- the kiwi astrophysicist that totally got my 10 year old daughter over the moon about astronomy. She is director and lab manager of the observatory at UNCC. We will see her again Friday for a star party. She has told my daughter that she can email her with questions and come check things out regularly and look thru the telescope.

I think I might be in love with her too just for making my daughters dreams come true.Heart

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
31-03-2014, 08:10 PM
(31-03-2014 06:30 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Catherine Qualtrough- the kiwi astrophysicist that totally got my 10 year old daughter over the moon about astronomy. She is director and lab manager of the observatory at UNCC. We will see her again Friday for a star party. She has told my daughter that she can email her with questions and come check things out regularly and look thru the telescope.

I think I might be in love with her too just for making my daughters dreams come true.Heart

Kid's lucky.

Too lucky...

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post