Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-04-2014, 07:28 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My son's post was kind of sweet revenge for me since he first starting mentioning my age by saying things like, "Be careful, you don't want to fall and break a hip." Such a smart ass...don't know where he gets that from. Dodgy

I am sure it was just a shock to him, even more so with a birthday right around the corner...sure hate it for him. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-04-2014, 07:54 AM
(01-04-2014 07:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My son's post was kind of sweet revenge for me since he first starting mentioning my age by saying things like, "Be careful, you don't want to fall and break a hip." Such a smart ass...don't know where he gets that from. Dodgy

I am sure it was just a shock to him, even more so with a birthday right around the corner...sure hate it for him. Big Grin

I do the same thing to my mom Big Grin

Atir aissom atir imon
01-04-2014, 07:57 AM
(01-04-2014 07:54 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 07:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My son's post was kind of sweet revenge for me since he first starting mentioning my age by saying things like, "Be careful, you don't want to fall and break a hip." Such a smart ass...don't know where he gets that from. Dodgy

I do the same thing to my mom Big Grin

You'll be old someday too, punk. One day you'll wake up and wonder what happened to 18? Where did the last decade or so go? And then you'll say something you swore you'd never say when you got old.

And that will be a small thing that will make me smile

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-04-2014, 08:03 AM
This was nearly as satisfying as the day my daughter called to tell me she had just said something to her daughter that I used to say to her....Bwahahahahahaha!

It was homework time and Bail was rushing through her reading. My daughter had to say to her, "Read what's there, not what you think is there."

Nice...something I said had actually sunk in.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2014, 08:06 AM
(01-04-2014 08:03 AM)Anjele Wrote:  This was nearly as satisfying as the day my daughter called to tell me she had just said something to her daughter that I used to say to her....Bwahahahahahaha!

It was homework time and Bail was rushing through her reading. My daughter had to say to her, "Read what's there, not what you think is there."

Nice...something I said had actually sunk in.

hahaha! Those moments stop me in my tracks. Its almost as if I have no control over them. I just hear my parents voice coming out of my mouth at my kids. BAH!!

I usually storm off mad at myself that I couldn't think of a different way to get that point across. Angry

Rolleyes

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
01-04-2014, 08:12 AM
(01-04-2014 07:57 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 07:54 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I do the same thing to my mom Big Grin

You'll be old someday too, punk. One day you'll wake up and wonder what happened to 18? Where did the last decade or so go? And then you'll say something you swore you'd never say when you got old.

I know Big Grin
Why I gotta get the jabs in now Tongue

Better to have fun and make jokes than to be sad and depressed...

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
01-04-2014, 08:15 AM
(01-04-2014 08:12 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 07:57 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You'll be old someday too, punk. One day you'll wake up and wonder what happened to 18? Where did the last decade or so go? And then you'll say something you swore you'd never say when you got old.

I know Big Grin
Why I gotta get the jabs in now Tongue

Better to have fun and make jokes than to be sad and depressed...

And if you can't laugh at yourself, you have no business laughing at others. Big Grin

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 3 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I do and say things all the time now that I used to swear I'd never say or do, then I think to myself, eh fuckit, I've earned the right to be an old codger. Blush

Now, get off my lawn , ya damn kids ! *waves walking stick in the air wildly* Ohmy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
01-04-2014, 08:32 AM
(01-04-2014 08:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I do and say things all the time now that I used to swear I'd never say or do, then I think to myself, eh fuckit, I've earned the right to be an old codger. Blush

Now, get off my lawn , ya damn kids ! *waves walking stick in the air wildly* Ohmy

I can't wait until it's socially acceptable for me to be a grumpy old man. Old people get away with all the fun shit.

[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-04-2014, 08:38 AM
(01-04-2014 08:32 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 08:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I do and say things all the time now that I used to swear I'd never say or do, then I think to myself, eh fuckit, I've earned the right to be an old codger. Blush

I can't wait until it's socially acceptable for me to be a grumpy old man. Old people get away with all the fun shit.
You can be that jackass that never indicates when you're hanging up.
Or you should wear a leather jacket and dark shades.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post