Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-04-2014, 08:45 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(01-04-2014 08:32 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 08:18 AM)War Horse Wrote:  I do and say things all the time now that I used to swear I'd never say or do, then I think to myself, eh fuckit, I've earned the right to be an old codger. Blush

Now, get off my lawn , ya damn kids ! *waves walking stick in the air wildly* Ohmy

I can't wait until it's socially acceptable for me to be a grumpy old man. Old people get away with all the fun shit.

I would totally be that asshole old guy that you can't help but laugh at because he's hilarious.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
01-04-2014, 09:07 AM
(01-04-2014 06:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 06:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It made him feel old...not necessarily superior.

Old is good.

Ya got that right, sonny. [Image: cranky.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-04-2014, 10:24 AM
(01-04-2014 08:38 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  You can be that jackass that never indicates when you're hanging up.
Or you should wear a leather jacket and dark shades.

I dont even answer the phone..... but maybe hanging up on people could be fun too Consider

And just what is the "leather jacket and dark shades" comment suppose to mean Huh ..... spill Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
01-04-2014, 02:19 PM
This picture.

[Image: Dirty_Bikers.jpg]

Not only did it make me think of War Horse, who is a much bigger softie than his gruff exterior lets on, but several of my friends who are bikers.

Bikers are wonderful people to know. Well, at least the ones I know are.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 8 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Very cool.

Wish people would stop with instant judgement.

My tattoos raise the ire of many an elderly church lady, and some not so elderly. Small-minded people that think only people just like them are all right.

If I am in trouble - point a biker my way any time!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-04-2014, 02:51 PM
(01-04-2014 02:19 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This picture.

[Image: Dirty_Bikers.jpg]

Not only did it make me think of War Horse, who is a much bigger softie than his gruff exterior lets on, but several of my friends who are bikers.

Bikers are wonderful people to know. Well, at least the ones I know are.

Thers way more truth to this than most people will ever know. Yes

Old sayin we used to have went ; "when we do right, no one remembers, when we do wrong, no one forgets" Sad

[+] 4 users Like War Horse's post
01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
(01-04-2014 02:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Very cool.

Wish people would stop with instant judgement.

My tattoos raise the ire of many an elderly church lady, and some not so elderly. Small-minded people that think only people just like them are all right.

If I am in trouble - point a biker my way any time!

Yup, I have tattoos and a long beard. Just this morning, I was joking with the customer in front of me in line. She was laughing along with me while she was paying for her items. She turned and saw me and her face went immediately pale and serious. She couldn't get out of the store fast enough... Dodgy

I live down the street from a real dirty, raunchy biker bar. It's the first place I'd run if I were in trouble. Yeah, they are loud, obnoxious, and get rowdy... That's what makes them fun. Thumbsup

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
01-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Years ago I tended bar, bikers were my favorite customers. I treated them right and they had my back.

And I have had a lot of biker friends, one that passed away about 3 years ago who was like a big brother to me...one of the best men I have ever known.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
(01-04-2014 02:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Years ago I tended bar, bikers were my favorite customers. I treated them right and they had my back.

And I have had a lot of biker friends, one that passed away about 3 years ago who was like a big brother to me...one of the best men I have ever known.

Bikers, huh?

My father used to say that Bikers were one of the best groups of people to have at an emergency (for instance, a vehicle accident), next to emergency services of course.

They tend to take care of others and if you start barking orders to civilians through them, everybody does exactly what they tell them to do

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
01-04-2014, 03:19 PM
(01-04-2014 03:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 02:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Years ago I tended bar, bikers were my favorite customers. I treated them right and they had my back.

Bikers, huh?

My father used to say that Bikers were one of the best groups of people to have at an emergency (for instance, a vehicle accident), next to emergency services of course.

They tend to take care of others and if you start barking orders to civilians through them, everybody does exactly what they tell them to do

Yup, we dont fold when the chips are down, for the old timers its called TCB (taking care of business) . Most of us 'grey beards' have been through so much, that it doesnt take much for us to jump into action..... That being said, not all are good people, we got scumbags in our bunch too. They just dont last long.