Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-04-2014, 07:47 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
(08-04-2014 07:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 06:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Wait, what?

A bad ass doesn't like Bad To The Bone? Blink

I Drink Alone?

I kid Tongue For me to really enjoy listening to any of his stuff it's got to be used in a cool scene from a good movie, or something.

I LOATHE George Thorogood. There has always been something about him I just can't like.

Other music/ians on my 'make me gag' list...
Nirvana
Jimmy Buffet
The song Free Bird (I will wreck a car trying to get to the radio to turn that song off)

ACK! ACK! and ACK!

Dodgy

I like you too much to say what I'm thinking of you right now. Laugh out load

Nah, everyone has different music tastes. George was a contributing factor, but not the main thing that made me smile. It coulda been any good driving music. The fact that it was warm enough to put the top down is what made me smile.

SPRING HAS FINALLY COME TO OHIO!!!!

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
11-04-2014, 05:47 AM
'twas the last day of term this day.

Naturally, I am smiling.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
11-04-2014, 07:37 AM
(08-04-2014 03:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 03:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  [Image: dancing-cthulhu-o.gif]

Wat.

The fuck is a star party anyway?

astronomy clubs get together with all their telescopes and star gaze, socialize, take a look-see thru each others scopes. Sometimes they let the public come too. Its just so cool to see the spot on Jupiter or rings on Saturn. Good way to get kids hooked on science.

the party we're going to is at the local university and the director is being super kind to my daughter, and has already said that this party might be crowded but she wants to arrange another time for my daughter to come look thru the university telescopes when the crowd isn't there...her own tour of the heavens with an astrophysicist!

tonight's the night, and the forecast is calling for clear skies!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
11-04-2014, 08:10 AM
I usually don't like it when they change the appearance, but Spotify looks postively badass, especially with albums like Awake blending into the blackness
[Image: d3901abcd003a68afd5eab10e5c87214.png]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
11-04-2014, 08:59 AM
(11-04-2014 08:10 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I usually don't like it when they change the appearance, but Spotify looks postively badass, especially with albums like Awake blending into the blackness

Is Spotify any good?

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
11-04-2014, 09:17 AM
(11-04-2014 08:59 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:10 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I usually don't like it when they change the appearance, but Spotify looks postively badass, especially with albums like Awake blending into the blackness

Is Spotify any good?

YES!

Spotify is freaking awesome. I still have my Pandora One account because I've spent years pruning the perfect station for general listening, but spotify is what I go to when I am in the mood for something very specific or want to check out a new band.

You should give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
11-04-2014, 10:04 AM
(11-04-2014 09:17 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:59 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Is Spotify any good?

YES!

Spotify is freaking awesome. I still have my Pandora One account because I've spent years pruning the perfect station for general listening, but spotify is what I go to when I am in the mood for something very specific or want to check out a new band.

Can you listen to songs offline? I have a huge collection of music and it's getting tiring to go through and edit album pictures/correct song information/lyrics/etc and I'm thinking about just stop ripping music and get a paid service (since I have a job and can afford it now). I haven't done any research, but something where I can download good music (either for a one time fee or a monthly fee) and listen to them online and offline. I don't want to use iTunes (compatibility issues), I heard Zune sucks, and last.fm and Pandora are only online streaming (as far as I know).
Will Spotify work for me? Or do you know of something else?

Atir aissom atir imon
11-04-2014, 10:16 AM
(11-04-2014 10:04 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 09:17 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  YES!

Can you listen to songs offline? I have a huge collection of music and it's getting tiring to go through and edit album pictures/correct song information/lyrics/etc and I'm thinking about just stop ripping music and get a paid service (since I have a job and can afford it now). I haven't done any research, but something where I can download good music (either for a one time fee or a monthly fee) and listen to them online and offline. I don't want to use iTunes (compatibility issues), I heard Zune sucks, and last.fm and Pandora are only online streaming (as far as I know).

You can with Spotify Premium. You can make playlists and store them offline on your phone or computer. Pandora has no such option.

Honestly, though, I've never used that feature. I use Google Music for my offline listening. If I like a band, I'll buy their CD and rip it. I don't trust most online sources for music, they're either not in the format I want, not lossless, or have assloads of DRM and restrictions on them. Fuck that noise. No I have a stack of CDs that have been in a player once and then put on a spindle just in case. I had a buddy that paid for a buttload of music from a service that is now defunct and has absolutely no way to play his music now. He ended up having to pirate all the music he had already paid for. Dodgy

11-04-2014, 10:27 AM
(11-04-2014 10:16 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:04 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Can you listen to songs offline? I have a huge collection of music and it's getting tiring to go through and edit album pictures/correct song information/lyrics/etc and I'm thinking about just stop ripping music and get a paid service (since I have a job and can afford it now). I haven't done any research, but something where I can download good music (either for a one time fee or a monthly fee) and listen to them online and offline. I don't want to use iTunes (compatibility issues), I heard Zune sucks, and last.fm and Pandora are only online streaming (as far as I know).

You can with Spotify Premium. You can make playlists and store them offline on your phone or computer. Pandora has no such option.

Honestly, though, I've never used that feature. I use Google Music for my offline listening. If I like a band, I'll buy their CD and rip it. I don't trust most online sources for music, they're either not in the format I want, not lossless, or have assloads of DRM and restrictions on them. Fuck that noise. No I have a stack of CDs that have been in a player once and then put on a spindle just in case. I had a buddy that paid for a buttload of music from a service that is now defunct and has absolutely no way to play his music now. He ended up having to pirate all the music he had already paid for. Dodgy

Yeah, I know sadly. That's specifically why I refuse to use iTunes, and probably Zune too. It was also my go to argument for ripping shit.
I can honestly say I've never bought a CD, are they the same as the online price for an album? I would assume they'd be a little more to account for the physical materials used and shipping costs...

Edit: That also wouldn't really help me with the song editing and stuff, which puts me back to square one.

Atir aissom atir imon
11-04-2014, 10:34 AM
(11-04-2014 10:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:16 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You can with Spotify Premium. You can make playlists and store them offline on your phone or computer. Pandora has no such option.

Yeah, I know sadly. That's specifically why I refuse to use iTunes, and probably Zune too. It was also my go to argument for ripping shit.
I can honestly say I've never bought a CD, are they the same as the online price for an album? I would assume they'd be a little more to account for the physical materials used and shipping costs...

They're usually only a few dollars more if at all. It's very much worth it to me to have the physical media that can't be controlled or revoked by poor business decisions or greed. Once I have that disc, I can play that music in whatever format I want on whatever device I want wherever in the world I am at any given time.

I do have to admit that not all of my music was obtained in strictly legal manners. Angel Although the only time I will justify something like this is when there's a band that has only one song I want. If there were some way I could purchase just that one song with absolutely zero restrictions on it and in the format of my choosing, I wouldn't torrent any of it. But as it stands, I am not aware of any such service and I'm not paying $12 for one song.