Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-04-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
Slowly, very slowly, I get the feeling my husband is letting go go the YEC ideas he was raised with. He is interested in what science says, he is exploring a few ideas, he is "thinking" now.

Long way to go, just glad he seems to be considering other ideas.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-04-2014, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 11:17 AM by Im_Ryan.)
(11-04-2014 10:34 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yeah, I know sadly. That's specifically why I refuse to use iTunes, and probably Zune too. It was also my go to argument for ripping shit.
I can honestly say I've never bought a CD, are they the same as the online price for an album? I would assume they'd be a little more to account for the physical materials used and shipping costs...

They're usually only a few dollars more if at all. It's very much worth it to me to have the physical media that can't be controlled or revoked by poor business decisions or greed. Once I have that disc, I can play that music in whatever format I want on whatever device I want wherever in the world I am at any given time.

I do have to admit that not all of my music was obtained in strictly legal manners. Angel Although the only time I will justify something like this is when there's a band that has only one song I want. If there were some way I could purchase just that one song with absolutely zero restrictions on it and in the format of my choosing, I wouldn't torrent any of it. But as it stands, I am not aware of any such service and I'm not paying $12 for one song.

Makes sense. But once again, the song editing...
Also, I don't feel like spending $4,450 on music (445 albums times an average of $10). I think I will check out Spotify premium.

Edit: Don't think I'm getting Spotify Premium

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
11-04-2014, 11:22 AM
My riding buddy going out to his garage to let the dogs out at 4:30 am and having the alarm go off, cops showing up while hes in a bathrobe only (no belt) and cant remember the password and doesnt have glasses on to reset said alarm.

2 cruisers with spotlights and blues flashing, and guns drawn, got him kneeling on the floor with hands up in his own garage , and.... of course an open bathrobe.......... priceless ! Laugh out load

I'm gonna laugh my ass off everytime I see him and get that mental picture going. Big Grin

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 5 users Like War Horse's post
11-04-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm playing Democracy 3 and I've just had a security briefing that there is a moderate threat of violent attacks by an extremist Christian group.

I guess my policies pissed off the Christians of England. Angel

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
11-04-2014, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 02:22 PM by Free Thought.)
Yesterday, I won a ladder match in Starcraft II, and got my medel/acheivementy-thing for ten solo wins with Terran.

Today I won three matches, two of them ladder matches. I am now in the top 50 of the Bronze League.

Meaning, I am in the Top 50 of the worst ladder players. I'm moving up in the world!

And to balance it out, in non-smiling news, I now have a bandaid behind my ear...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-04-2014, 04:01 PM
7.62x39mm Shy

And outdoor ranges on a bad ass day Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
12-04-2014, 10:15 PM
I just got my new phone...
HTC One (M8) baby! Whooooooooo Big Grin

Also ordered the dot case, should be coming in a few days. Fuck yeah, Ryan is fucking happy Cool

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
12-04-2014, 10:59 PM
(12-04-2014 10:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I just got my new phone...

Also ordered the dot case, should be coming in a few days. Fuck yeah, Ryan is fucking happy Cool

You youngsters and your phones... Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-04-2014, 11:21 PM
(12-04-2014 10:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I just got my new phone...

You youngsters and your phones... Dodgy

Bitch please... you know you like getting new phones

Atir aissom atir imon
12-04-2014, 11:30 PM
(12-04-2014 11:21 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(12-04-2014 10:59 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You youngsters and your phones... Dodgy

Bitch please... you know you like getting new phones

Actually, no, I don't.

I don't understand why people get excited about phones; to me it's like getting excited about a new electricity provider. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post