Small Things That Make You Smile Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-06-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: Small Things That Make You Smile Thread
My daughter had a school friend over to swim at the neighborhood pool today, her mom came with her (who is a newer friend of mine). Out of the blue, she starts telling me that her husband is atheist and that her daughter thinks gawd is a stalker (lol).

I was a completely unexpected conversation and not one I started .

yay! more non believers in my life!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
20-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Stopped at the ATM on my way home from work and it wished me a happy birthday. It's not till next weekend but was still a nice little surprise...made me smile a bit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-06-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2014 04:57 PM by TheGulegon.)
(20-06-2014 04:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Stopped at the ATM on my way home from work and it wished me a happy birthday. It's not till next weekend but was still a nice little surprise...made me smile a bit.

The rise of the machines has begun!!! Tongue

Next time it'll remind you to spend the money you got out on milk since the jug in your fridge, at home, is nearly empty Ohmy

CREEPY Confused

[edit] hydrocodone/apap pills are small, but dayum!

21-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Eating a hearty bacon and egg breakfast to fuel you through the coming day Shy
Then going back to bed Sleepy

Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
21-06-2014, 09:32 AM
Bought a little speaker for my laptop so that I could listen to music when I clean. Just tried it out today and for the $24.00 it cost me it is worth every penny and then some. Big Grin

Now back to parrot cage cleaning and other assorted chores. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-06-2014, 06:04 PM
I've been sitting here all evening snickering watching the Facebook postings of a friend who just realized that her church has voted to approve gay marriage.

hehehee……she is really working herself into a tizzy and there's nothing she can do about it.

Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 8 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
24-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Smerc should go to the science section.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-06-2014, 06:44 PM
(24-06-2014 04:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Smerc should go to the science section.

I did I did!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

All done reading that mammoth elephant post Laughat what I did there, do you see it? Laugh out load

Tongue Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
25-06-2014, 01:12 AM
My teacher sent me out of class and home today.

Felt like shit and must have looked like it too; my teacher noticed my looking like faeces (or looking more like it than usual, rather) and sent me home.
When I said that I needed to stay to get some work done my teacher replied "No." and sent me off.

Shocking Caring teacher.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
25-06-2014, 01:49 AM
Just before I left home for work, I saw a frog outside my patio door. I watched it for awhile with my cats. When I stepped outside my front door to leave, there was another frog against my doorstep--both American Toads. It made me happy to know there are still toads in the world. Ribit, ribit.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post